Where Has Edge used the Epiphone Music Rising Guitar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vertigo and Where The Streets Have No Name springs to mind, don't know if it's been used in studio or elsewhere. Another performance of Vertigo with this guitar was the 2006 TV Asahi broadcast where they also did Window In The Skies.

The Cannes "performance" and the Japanese TV show mentioned both appear to be 'mimed' performances.

I think the pictures I have of Edge playing the Epi MR are from Brisbane on Nov 7, 2006. At the Brisbane 11/6/2006 show, "Walk On was performed in full electric form for the first time since 27 February 2002 (the previous Vertigo Tour versions had been acoustic).

As for the use for mimed TV... I can see the point of using the Epiphone Music Rising for those as it gets the charity's name out to the masses. (One can see that the Epiphone is related to Music Rising. That is a bit harder to tell, by those not in the know, with the Gibson version.)

Edge's signature...

edge-music_rising-cert.jpg

This came with my Epiphone Music Rising gee-tar

edgejapan06.jpg

cannes2ys1.jpg

200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2006-11--2.jpg

200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2006-11--1.jpg

200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2006-11-072.jpg

e2.jpg

Oh my god I hd no idea they played love town again! Holy shit! :lol: I would do any thing tog get that music rising Gibson lp!

It was a special performance, not a U2 show. But indeed cool that they'd played it again.

There was a lot of speculation that they might play it at Glastonbury, as BB King was playing at Glastonbury too. But alas, it did not happen.

Edge_Orchestra said:
It was a special performance, not a U2 show. But indeed cool that they'd played it again.

There was a lot of speculation that they might play it at Glastonbury, as BB King was playing at Glastonbury too. But alas, it did not happen.

I was saying to my self while I was watching Glastonbury how cool it would be if bb played with them again. But now I know they played it in 2008.

In australia or somewhere near the played for two times full band walk on

Full band confirmed in...
November 07, 2006: Brisbane, Australia at Queensland Sports & Athletics
November 10, 2006: Sydney, Australia at Telstra Stadium

It was also played at:
November 25, 2006: Auckland, New Zealand at Mt Smart Stadium
November 29, 2006: Tokyo, Japan at Saitama Super Arena

Brisbane was the first full-band of the tour... so it's possible it was only played as a full band 2 times; possibly 3. (I'd have to check the bootlegs). I know that Auckland was acoustic (see video below)

Sydney (Full band):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCUFYimxlEE

Auckland (Acoustic):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMZYIO_LCJo

Edge_Orchestra said:
Full band confirmed in...
November 07, 2006: Brisbane, Australia at Queensland Sports & Athletics
November 10, 2006: Sydney, Australia at Telstra Stadium

It was also played at:
November 25, 2006: Auckland, New Zealand at Mt Smart Stadium
November 29, 2006: Tokyo, Japan at Saitama Super Arena

Brisbane was the first full-band of the tour... so it's possible it was only played as a full band 2 times; possibly 3. (I'd have to check the bootlegs). I know that Auckland was acoustic (see video below)

Sydney (Full band):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCUFYimxlEE

Auckland (Acoustic):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMZYIO_LCJo

Is that the epihone? They played the acoustic version of walk on also In Philly and Miami, my mom and step dad got to see them play the acoustic version live, I personally like the acoustic version better.

Is that the epihone? They played the acoustic version of walk on also In Philly and Miami, my mom and step dad got to see them play the acoustic version live, I personally like the acoustic version better.

Sydney video that I posted was the full band version with the Epiphone Les Paul Music Rising.

The Auckland video that I posted was the acoustic version with Edge playing his tobacco Gibson SJ-200.

While I seem to like the acoustic version of "Stuck In A Moment..." more than the full band version, I like the electric / full-band version of "Walk On" better than the acoustic version of "Walk On".

You guys are partially mixing the EPIPHONE Music Rising (which is just the one guitar he played in 2006 for some songs in the last leg) and the GIBSON Music Rising's w/ the Mardi Gras finishes, which are limited to 300 piece and of which Edge holds a couple. Those, he still uses today as E_O points out for things like NYD, One, etc.

But don't confused the EPIPHONE (Made in China) Guitar w/ the Gibson, which was made of wood compiled in the New Orleans area.

...and by the way, the Epiphone sounds horrendous compared to the Gibson and that goes beyond the bashing of "Made In China guitars are crap".

Back
Top Bottom