Where are all the recording artists here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
From time to time I've seen different people promoting their music. I haven't heard anything from Madelyniris recently, and the website doesn't seem to be up.

I'm wondering how many musicians in interference actually write and record there music and if any are doing any exciting projects right now.

For me personally, I'm currently writing a bunch of demo's for a new album and working on setting up a new recording studio that I hope will give me a chance to get some local bands some decent studio time.

I went out a few months ago and bought Pet Sounds to excite my pallet and have been buying cd's by bands I've never heard of to get some inspiration. Trying to find a new sound, a new idea to music is so hard these days. What is everyone else up to?

I haven't been writing many lyrics lately...they've all just been becoming poems or unfinished things I toss aside. I talked with a guitar player awhile back, and we toyed with the idea of putting some stuff together, but I've lost touch with him. I don't think it's meant to be.

popkidu2 said:
I'm wondering how many musicians in interference actually write and record there music and if any are doing any exciting projects right now.

I play electric guitar in a band in NYC. I'm looking into getting one of those 10 or 16 track hard disk recorders. There's one by Zoom that has a drum machine, bass machine, guitar effects, voice effect and mastering. And a cd burner to. Quality recording has really become affordable in the past 5 years.

My Band: www.LoDeya.com

Peace.

Re: Re: Where are all the recording artists here?

MrBrau1 said:

I play electric guitar in a band in NYC. I'm looking into getting one of those 10 or 16 track hard disk recorders. There's one by Zoom that has a drum machine, bass machine, guitar effects, voice effect and mastering. And a cd burner to. Quality recording has really become affordable in the past 5 years.

My Band: www.LoDeya.com

Peace.

Personal opinion here, but if you're going to invest $$$$ in a recording system, I'd check out Tascam to say the least. Money well spent. And, if you already have a good computer, there is no substitute for a DAW program like Pro Tools or Logic or Cubase. I use Logic Audio myself, and have been very pleased with the results.

Any other recording artists doing stuff.

I have to admit, I forgot about this thread. Off to check your site now :)

I play electric guitar popkidu2. I took a quick listen to your MP3's as well. Very delicate, pretty music. Kinda reminds me of Badly Drawn Boy. If you want to hear some new music that may inspire studio stuff check out the Boo Radleys-Wake Up. It's what a pop/rock record should be, layers of vocals, crashing guitars, and enough melody for a lifetime.

Now we're getting going.

MrBrau1, how long have you been playing? Do you do the band thing full time, or is it just a weekend gig kindof thing?

Pinball, can't wait to here what cha got on your mind!

popkidu2 said:
Now we're getting going.

MrBrau1, how long have you been playing? Do you do the band thing full time, or is it just a weekend gig kindof thing?

Pinball, can't wait to here what cha got on your mind!

As a band we've been together 4 years now. We gig 3 times a month, do some long weekends where we venture away from the city and play 3 nights in a row. We're small fish in a big pond here in NYC, so doing it full time is tough, we've all got day jobs. We may be recording our second album in a few months, which is quite exciting.

Back
Top Bottom