What's you favourite U2 song to play?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah stuck is good!
sunday bloody sunday is so hard to sing for me in normal tuning haha
my favourite to play and sing is probably ultraviolet or stay :wink:

Well since I just learned Beautiful Day and have been playing that everyday for the past week I'd make that my current favorite song to play. Breathe, The Fly, and UTEOTW are all really fun too. Still learning more songs as I go. Out of Control seems incredibly fun as well and I've enjoyed playing Twilight. Edge's guitar parts on Boy are all really good, fun parts to play.

As far as just strumming open chords, All I Want Is You is very easy and fun to work out on acoustic guitar. Desire, as well.

But for riffs, I've always loved playing the main riffs to Sunday Bloody Sunday, Vertigo, and Bad. And the bass lines to New Year's Day and WOWY are cool and easy, too.

I started with "Running to Stand Still" and love to play it. I also found some love with the version of "Electric Co" on the concert DVD - Edge rocks out...what fun.

"Bad" and "Forty" are two other favorites...along with "Mysterious Ways".

"Unknown Caller" has become my favorite from the new album.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For > All I Want Is You

So much fun :D

Also, I love playing Ultraviolet

If I were able to play guitar - Beautiful Day.

On the bass, I can only do real easy stuff. But when I play With or Without You, like, the easiest song, I can actually hear it hummin in my head. So I definitely love that.

New Years Day on the bass for sure.....when I warm up to play, I put that out there.....and everyone's ears perk up.

Damn lol if I could play NYD on bass, easily the most fun. I'm actually sitting down with it right now learning Streets. These tabs are easy, but at the same time certain points... they dont sound like Streets at all.

Yeah NYD is fun as heck on bass, as well as guitar. And it's quite easy. I went into a guitar shop one time to kill some time and I picked up this acoustic Fender bass (i wanted to walk out of there with that bass :drool:) and started playing NYD on it. I must have played it over about 50 times lol. I need to find out what model that bass was.

Bass line goes something like:

G
D 10 2 5
A 12 12 12 3 3 3 7 7 7
E

Each "bar" are played like twice each I think. And depending on what version you're playing it's usually tuned down a half step (Eb). Just tryin to help. ;)

:huh:

I can read the most basic of tabs at the moment (started just about exactly one month ago). I got no idea what that says.

And yeah, I tend to stay away from it for now until I can tackle songs that dont require tuning the guitar down.

Let's see how this works:

G|---------------------------------------
D|---------10-------------2-------------5--
A|--12-12----12---3-3----3----7-7----7
E|---------------------------------------

That's just the main riff. The other parts during the chorus are all on like the A string at the 8 fret, the 10 fret, and the 12 (?) fret. I can't remember the last note right now. And you can try that at standard tuning if you like or you can wait until later and you'll have this to go to.

I attempted it at first, and I gotta say that already looks better than half of the tabs you find around on the internet... I'll give em a try in a few, thanks.

No problem.:D If you need me to tab anything out for you I can and will, just ask. I've got a decently trained ear and that's how I learn everything now and pretty much don't trust tabs online anymore. Interference has some really good folks who will tab stuff out that is accurate. I may not tab something out the exact number of times they play a riff but I try to focus more on what notes are being played. The rest is pretty much recognition of what part you're playing.

Aight sounds cool, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me eventually lol because I cant count how many times I'll be getting the right outcome... and then I'll hit a part in these tabs where it's so awfully far off that I don't know where to go with it lol.

Haha I understand all about getting lost at a certain point in a tab. Happened to me quite a bit before.

And just because I feel like I have to tab it here's the chorus for NYD:

G|-------------------------------------------------------------------
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------
A|--10-10-10-10-10-10-12-12-12-12-12-12-10-10-10-10-10-10-8-8-8-8-8-8
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty much the whole NYD tab. And Adam plays those notes a lot more than just 6 times each. For NYD it's pretty much the verse part from before and then the chorus part. That's shockingly it! He does a variation on the chorus part during Edge's solo but I won't go too into that.

Back
Top Bottom