What's the most funs song to play?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr mc sarcasm

The Fly
Hi.....
So, what's your favorite song to play??....and why????

I love playing "until the end of the world" the live version.....Love playing that last bit where bono's singing "lalalala..."....and that two tribes stuff!!

I like playing Until The End Of The World too. You can pretty much go wild at the end there. :D

At the moment, I've been having alot of fun playing Electrical Storm.

I'm officially jealous of you electric guitar players. Oh I will own one someday and chiming in on Until the end of the World, BBS, Mysterious Ways and Even better than the Real Thing, all of which I imagine to incredibly fun to play.

Until then I'd have to say the acoustic "Stay" from Boston, it's a nice melody that's challenging to get just right every time.

mysterious was is easy and really fun

UTEOTW is fun but the solo always gets me :|

THE FLY!! ahh so much fun, especially if you get the effects for the solo right

Bad is great to play, especially with the backing track

In a Little While is really fun. OnFire, you should definitely learn the Boson version of this song, it's awesome on acoustic

Stay is great except for that one damn chord thats like

|x

i always mess that chord up at least once

One Tree Hill is great, especially the solo at the end!

I WILL FOLLOW!! easy and alot of fun and sound great with the backing track

11 O'Clock Tick Tock!! ahhh!! ton of fun with the backing track, 2 part solo! yeah!

Streets is easy and fun, but you need the backing track! sounds great

So, you guys know how to play streets????
TELL ME!!.........cause I can't do it.......

Also fun to play is "Hawkmoon 269"....and ofcourse "Exit"

WOW!!...thanx for that tab.....I'll keep on working on it till I get it right....thanx again....

And if I can play this song...this is definitely gonna be my favorite one....

I really love playing the intro to A Sort of Homecoming - I don't have an effect which gives Edge that awesome shimmer in the live shows but I do get pretty good sounds out of my delay unit and chorus with some reverb thrown in.

Other songs I enjoy playing are Streets, The Fly, Sunday Bloody Sunday, and Still Haven't Found. If you want to get close to Edge's sound you'll need a good delay unit, Overdrive, a decent amp, Herdim picks and lots of patience and persistence.

so, I'm learning streets now.....that's one great tune to play....man!!....Only I can't get the start riff to sound good.....

10 10
10 10
12 11 12

Everyone says that this is the right way to play it....but something isn't right here

It's a sort of a constant rally the rhythm part, pretty tricky, i can't master it yet and it's quite a strain on your wrist, so have breaks in between before carrying on or you'll cause yourself Repetitive Strain Injury.
Listen carefully how consistently he plays it.

Last edited:
I've been practicing it all afternoon but can't get it right.....if you play it for other people they all recognise it, but it's not as edge plays it......AAH..!!!!

its not that hard if you get the delay right

|10---------------------10----------------------|
|---10--------------10----10--------------10--|
|------12--11--12------------12--11-12-----| and just repeat

yeah....I use my boss delay for it....but it still doesn't sound right.....but I'll work on it for a while, and let you know as soon as I know how to play it

I HAVENT GOT DELAY!!:sad: but its still class to play,desire is fun to play,YOU NEED A WHA WHA TO PLAY MYSTERIOUS WAYS BUT IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD,and only 4 chords!!!!!!!

actually, mysterious ways is 5 chords and a slide solo and i suck at using slides so i dont use it. a good flange pedal and about 450 ms delay will work ok with Mysterious Ways.

Mysterious ways sounds cool with WAHWAH and some distortion...but the slide solo is tricky indeed.....sliding is always a tricky thing for me.....just can't get it right........But I also use just 4 chords for the song

Back
Top Bottom