What's the last song you learnt on guitar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last song I learned to play?

Peaches - Presidents of the United States of America. Easy song, but fun to play.

I'm close to learning The Electric Co. Anyone have any luck with that song?

I haven't played in aaaaaaages, stupid Uni :crazy:

The last song I learnt was Houses of the Holy - Zep :wink:

the last thing i extensively worked on was the solo in bullet, mainly thanks to the thread in this forum

I haven't learnt a song in ages. I mostly improvise with CD's.
The last CD I probably played along with was Dream Theater-Images and Words or Marillion Marbles.

U2-Until The End Of The World
The intro was a little bit difficult to learn but over time I got it. And the solo was quite easy.

The only song I can play on guitar in its entirety (as of now) is Zoo Station, oddly enough.

(I don't own my own guitar)

luchitox said:
I`ve finally got the sound of "Until The End Of The World" and "The Fly". It sounds quiet similar to The Edge version with a Zoom II 505 pedal. :wink:

But to play identical like The Edge is impossible. :drool:

can you tell me what settings you used?

i can play parts of Miracle Drug :hyper:

I (just a minute ago) learned how to play Last Night On Earth. It feels really good to know how to play that riff. :wink:

The Electic co.
Staring at the sun
desire
Zoo station
Detroit Rock city-Kiss
Start me up-rolling stones
Discotheque
sunday bloody sunday
many more..I try to learn songs every day..

update: phillyfan learned the bono part to the fly, parts of ultraviolet and parts of sunday bloody sunday!

hey,
I can play a lot of songs from U2: the dvd live in chicago is my favorite, but also the how to dismantle an atomic bomb cd, the 'boy' cd, the 'best of 1980-1990 cd, the 'all you can't leave behind' cd and the 'live ad red rock' cd.
Now I've got a processor, and I'm getting close to get that groovy kind of wahwah that edge uses on elevation.
I also play a lot of the Dire straits, but right now I'm concentrating on Muse, I can already play 'hysteria', 'sing for absolution','invincible','plug in baby' and 'supermassive black holes'. But my favorite stays the dvd!

I pretty much BSd the whole schpeel I had there looking at it now.

I know the backing guitar to The Fly now though and it sounds perfect!

That and the backing guitar to Walk On is all I can do so far. I'm just a chord man for now. :)

"John Lennon was once asked whether Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world, to which he responded "He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles".

Canadiens1160, we seem to have something in common. Hmmm...

39 - Queen
Love of my life - Queen (F-ing hard btw, but i eventually got it)
Brighton Rock - Queen (Dont even ask... this is impossible without delay/echo pedal)
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
A day in the life - Jeff Beck/Buckley ? One of the two.

and then the easier songs... i.e U2 songs
Party Girl
Stuck in a moment (acoustic)
Satellite of Love

Back
Top Bottom