What would be a good delay time for a long delay on the intro to the fly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well its all about bpm as is most if not all delay based songs..So if the song is at 110bpm you would use 409ms if the bpm is at 109 it would be 412ms. So I suggest downloading the free program called Mixmeister and load any mp3 into it and it spits out the bpm. With that just use any delay calculator to get delay time. Only questions are is it 1/4 note or dotted 8th as those are the most popular Edge delays.. With the Fly intro what I do is setup my base tone then I add another delay on top of it with the same delay time but with almost infinite repeats not with a low output but with the same output. I then can just turn it off and the reg delay takes over with a stomp..Make sense

Mick

The best you can do is take a concert and playing with song becausr he uses 418ms so youll be playing at the same bmp as the edge. You habe to think that the crybaby boost the signal. Thts the reason for the low output delay. Its effective to me.

Studio version is 108 which is 416ms All Live versions from era to era the bpm changes so to just say its 418 may or may not work.Lets say he wants to play with a internet back track say Edos...That is 109 bpm so he would have to use a delay time of 412ms. My point is choose a version send it to mixmeister then theres no question about it. My opinion anyway

Mick

rockhound Im not picking on you I just don't understand your answer is all. you say by playing at 418ms you will be playing at the bpm of Edge..How do you come up with that? BPM is beats per minute.the delay time is dictated by this not the other way around. So if Larry who gets a click track plays to his click track the speed of the song is now dictated. Edge has to set his delay to this tempo or it won't work.. The other question I thought was about the intro and that infinite delay which is high feedback but the output is the same not lower than his main delay..make sense? Hey whatever works is cool no problem at all Im just trying to help as are you

Mick

Back
Top Bottom