What kind of bass does Adam play?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrideOfU2

The Fly
We (me and my guy here) were wondering what kind of bass does Adam play? Also what guitar does Edge play? I'm sure there are several of them over the past few years, but maybe what are the most current ones they play? Also, is it possible to buy replicas??? Gracias!

You should try asking this in the Even Better than the Real Thing forum, or maybe a kindly mod can move it. You'll get lots of responses there (way more than you can handle).

PrideOfU2 said:
We (me and my guy here) were wondering what kind of bass does Adam play? Also what guitar does Edge play? I'm sure there are several of them over the past few years, but maybe what are the most current ones they play? Also, is it possible to buy replicas??? Gracias!

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=327&Key=Adam&Year=&Cat=5

Adam: Recently I've actually been playing Jazz basses, though, because I've been using my fingers a lot more, and I've been after a bit more definition. I recorded the new album with two Jazz basses -- a '61 and a '72. I also used my old Gibson Les Paul Recording bass. It's a short-scale thing with this great, round bottom that just moves air. It's great in the studio.

Also has a Fender Precision with a Jazz neck.

Edge also plays Fender Stratocaster? Gibson something, plus some others but I wouldn't know the names.

Last edited:
Edge has been known to play Fender Stratocasters, Fender Telecasters, Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson Explorers, Rickenbackers and a few others I can't remember.

biff said:
You should try asking this in the Even Better than the Real Thing forum, or maybe a kindly mod can move it. You'll get lots of responses there (way more than you can handle).

I was just getting ready to say that too. This is a 'guy' question, a musician question, the kind of people who hang out over there and not so much here.

edge uses various modles of the fender stratocaster, fender telecasters, gibson les paul special, gibson SG, gibson Xplorer, rickenbacker, and i know the acoustic guitar he uses the most is his taylor. there's also a few others that i can't remember off the top of my head, can u tell i'm a guitar nut :wink:

i don't know too much about basses so unfortunetly i can't help you with adams gear. i hope that helps answer your question.

U2Kitten said:

I was just getting ready to say that too. This is a 'guy' question, a musician question, the kind of people who hang out over there and not so much here.

Er wha? What are you trying to say, I'm a girl. ;)

I just happen to know a little bit about the musical instruments of the band, on account of I enjoy reading interviews, although I do get a bit lost when they start talking about the actual equipment. Goes right over my head, amps with all these weird numbers and letters, but the guitars are easy, most are just named after someone, hehe.

PrideOfU2 said:

Most noticeably Adam has been using in the past Fender Jazz and Fender precision basses.
I could go in to alot of boring detail if you wanted....but simply put......last tour he used his sunburst Fender Jazz, ocassionally brought out his Frankenstein bass ( a Fender Pbass body with a Fender Jazz neck), and a natural finish Lakland "jazz" style bass (looks similiar to a Fender in some ways).

He currently has a few Lakland basses including what appears to be a custom Lakland Pbass.

as for the edges stuff, I'm no expert on that by any means...I would suggest you contact Chedge@u2jt.com
"the Edge" of the Joshua Tree - U2 tribute.......he has alot of the same goodies as the real Edge and has alot of 411.

Back
Top Bottom