What are Interferencer's impressions on the Vox Tonelabs or POD XTs (both versions)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
Interested in getting one off of EBay. I have an ME-50 but I was looking for something to help me record stuff as well as have more storage for specific patches (me-50 has 30 "banks"). The amp models are also what I'd like to try out and the me-50 isn't as focused on that. Any recommendations?

Or should I wait on it and fool around with the me-50 some more considering I will be getting a Fender Hot Rod Deville 2X12 tube amp to play with it instead of my lil' Fender Champion DSP. As well as having not "mastered" the me-50.

Hey, how is your Me-50? Would you recommend me a diffirent pedal, or should I buy that pedal as my first?

macphisto23 said:
Hey, how is your Me-50? Would you recommend me a diffirent pedal, or should I buy that pedal as my first?

It's easy to operate. Also has loads of effects to fool around with. A lot of effects to experiment with in terms of distortions and delays, and modulations. If I didn't want more storage space for patches I would think about keeping the me-50 to fool around with. However the recording aspect of the tonelabs and the PODs are stuff I'd like to use and the me-50 doesn't have that. Also stuff like the tonelabs and PODs have more amp models (if you're interested in getting the VOX AC30 sound that everyone on this board seems to love for your amp). You can also download tones with the POD and I'm thinking the same with tonelab but I'm not positive. That is great if you're too lazy like me to figure stuff out. ME-50 doesn't allow that option but I'm sure more expensive versions of the BOSS effects board are out there that can do that.

People complain about the distortions being mediocre but I think it probably depends on what kind of gear you have. Since I've been using a small fender solid state amp and Les Paul style epiphone, I just don't feel satisfied with the distortions. However, my lack of time to practice, lack of experience, and lack of good gear might contribute to my disatisfaction. Either way, I'll be getting a new amp to run my me-50 through it, so it's like whatever.

Like I said, it's easy to use and has tons of effects to keep you busy. More than enough with a few amp models.

I've heard complaints about switching from patch to another while playing a song (think Beautiful Day or SYCMIOYO) isn't great/ smooth on the me-50 but I don't know. :shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom