What acoustic guitar is Edge Using in the HTDAAB DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lostboy1978

Babyface
Hey...

I was watching the HTDAAB video and took special note during the "sometimes you can't make it on your own' acoustic session and was wondering what kind of guitar Edge is playing.

At first I thought it was a Taylor because of the soundhole rosette, (body style looked like a grand auditorium) but under closer inspection I noticed that it clearly did not have a Taylor bridge. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I don't recall the guitar, but could it be his trusty old Washburn single cutaway brown sunburst acoustic he played on "Party Girl" at Red Rocks? I know that hunk of crap is one of his favorite acoustics. He loves the tone.

You're all wrong. It is a Goodall which is, in my opinion, one of the finest acoustics made.

James Goodall is an acoustic guitar maker in Kona Hawaii. I have yet to play one of his instruments that did not put Taylor, Laraivee, Martin, etc. to shame. That is no a bash on those brands, I own a Laraivee...it's just that his guitars are simply put, amazing!

Chas

Goodall....

Thanks for clarifying!

With that kind of ridiculous price range, I doubt I wil ever have the pleasure of playing one.

$5000 is outrageous. A guitar for the rich to spend their money on. And I'm a crazy spender when it comes to music!

Is that $5k the list price from Goodall's website? If so, the street price for those should run around $3k (which is still not cheap). I seem to recall the Goodall or two I've played costing around $2,500 and they are everything EdgeU2JT said they are. If you think that's outrageous though, you should check out the prices of some Olsons.

Do you have a 70's era Yamaha Edge89? Those things are very highly regarded budget guitars.

Back
Top Bottom