Whammy or no whammy...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I just love to make a thread just to speculate about things, so don't worry to just GUESS.
So I realized that Edge's new pedalboard by his foot only has MIDI controller (obviously) and 4 expression pedals. I understand the Boss expression pedal was replaced because, you know, these pedals were replaced by Axe-Fx. But I was surprised that Whammy 1 was replaced, too as he insisted on using it for a while and refused to use various new models. I guess Axe can emulate that 90s glitch-y sound, then?

Sorry, I can't find good pic. of it but every time he uses Axe, there are 4(or 5) expression pedals including Boss volume pedal. The expression pedals are Mission Engineering ones that has MIDI capability, so probably they controls the Axe-Fx. Like shimmer, other harmonizer options and wah. He used one in the last (RED) concert and they played Beautiful Day! So.....yeah. If E_O or someone has pix, I would appreciate.

And in Beautiful Day, there's a section of song where Whammy is used. I felt like he was stepping onto one of Mission pedal. Just check the vid.

Back
Top Bottom