Well, This Is The Closest I've Yet Seen To An Edge Signature Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw that the other day! :drool: The gold rings must have been inspired by The Edge's, is there anyone else who did that?

For those of you on a budget, here's Epiphone's version of his LP Custom, right down to the open-coil pickups with the inner gold rings:

Buy Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Custom Blackback Electric Guitar | Solid Body Electric Guitars | Musician's Friend

I respectfully disagree.... the only thing like Edge's is the pickup rings and the white front. Edge's doesn't have black back and side. Edge's has different pickups.

It's really not that much like Edge's at all.

I saw that the other day! :drool: The gold rings must have been inspired by The Edge's, is there anyone else who did that?

A lot of folks on U2 Recording Yahoo Group -- Tribute Band "Edge's" and otherwise -- have put the gold rings on their LP Customs.

A lot of folks on U2 Recording Yahoo Group -- Tribute Band "Edge's" and otherwise -- have put the gold rings on their LP Customs.

Right, but I'm talking about other famous (or non-famous) guitar players who did that because they liked the look, not because Edge did it. The inspiration must have come from Edges Les Paul.

Right, but I'm talking about other famous (or non-famous) guitar players who did that because they liked the look, not because Edge did it. The inspiration must have come from Edges Les Paul.

Just seems that some have latched on to the gold pickup rings/Edge connection.

That particular Epiphone isn't going to sound like a 1970's LP Custom, off the shelf. It has different wood, pots, wiring and pickups.

It seems to make more sense to buy a white Epiphone, swap out the pickups and add the gold rings than to buy the black-backed LP.

Sounding like the Edge's LP wouldn't really be the point of this guitar. It surely looks a lot like his LP, which is the point of any guitar modeled after a specific player's famous guitar.

Sounding like the Edge's LP wouldn't really be the point of this guitar. It surely looks a lot like his LP, which is the point of any guitar modeled after a specific player's famous guitar.

Wouldn't the point of a signature or close enough to be like an Edge signature guitar be to replicate Edge's in sight and sound, and not merely with a few details?

That doesn't seem 'Edge-like enough for me. But if it does to you - go for it.

I like the thing in terms of looks. Even the black back I could deal with, might not be entirely like Edge's but it looks the part quite well. The black sides do kinda suck. As for sound, stock: not very likely, although I'm pretty sure you could get some pickups to replace it and it would sound pretty good. I'm actually really diggin this LP.

Just seems that some have latched on to the gold pickup rings/Edge connection.

That particular Epiphone isn't going to sound like a 1970's LP Custom, off the shelf. It has different wood, pots, wiring and pickups.

Would you say after swapping the pickups it would sound much different from Edge's?

Also does anyone know if the rings in this guitar could come off and go onto different pickups?

Back
Top Bottom