Warwick RockBass Adam Clayton Signature Model

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Not all tribute Adam's have $3500 to buy an Adam Clayton signature Reverso or $1800 for Fender Custom Shop Adam Clayton Jazz bass?

But one can get a Warwick RockBass Adam Clayton signature model for around $900-$1000.

Seems to be similar to the one we've seen Adam play during the promo shows. The RockBass Adam Clayton sounds like a great bass. It looks to have the same Seymour Duncan Precision style pickups that Adam prefers.

THIS (below) from the ADVERT I'D SEEN on REVERB:

Are you “Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of” when it comes to your bass? Are you saying to yourself, “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”? Well, no worries, because it will be a “Beautiful Day” when you “Walk On” stage holding this Adam Clayton signature Rockbass. Constructed with an all-maple neck and alder body, this bass is a great source of “Pride” for anyone with an appreciation of finely crafted instruments.

With the punchy tone of the “One” Seymour Duncan P pickup, this bass delivers a sound that’s sure to get the crowd moving in “Mysterious Ways”. The three knobs onboard control volume, bass, and treble, and the easy-access control cavity makes working on electronics the “Sweetest Thing” if you so “Desire.”

The neck features 21 Jumbo frets and large black block inlays that are easy to spot even if you’re “Staring at the Sun.” The quality of the 2-piece Warwick bridge and Warwick machine heads will certainly be an “Elevation” up from your current bass.

Features:
- Chrome hardware
- Warwick Machine Heads
- Just-A-Nut III
- Maple neck and fingerboard
- 20” fingerboard radius
- Black Block Inlays
- Curved Alder Body
- Seymour Duncan P pickup
- Passive MEC electronics
- 2-piece Warwick bridge
- Warwick Security Strap Locks
- Bolt-on neck

Includes:
- Truss rod tool
Product Specs

Condition:
Mint
Make:
Warwick
Model:
RockBass Adam Clayton Signature
Finish:
Cream White Hight Polish
Categories:
4-String
Year:
Made In:
Germany

What does it sound like?

Check the video link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdPm05tF9yU

From the sneak peek video for the tour, it also looks like that this will be one of his main Basses for the tour.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

From the sneak peek video for the tour, it also looks like that this will be one of his main Basses for the tour.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The CV Streamer basically is Warwick's take on a Jazz (with similar style pickups). Adam asked them to make him CV Streamers with Precision style pickups.

Agreed. He used this

...and another Creme CV Streamer with a white pearl pick guard for a lot of the promo shows.

Outsides of those two Warwick's, it looks like there is a Stryker used in the promo video - about 10 seconds in. (Stryker is Explorer shaped)

The Sherwood Green signature Fender Jazz bass has been used for promo gigs too.

Seems the lilac and gold sparkle Jazz and P-basses have fallen by the wayside... same for the Reverso's in any of their finishes.

Time will tell. We should know more by TH/FRI

more recent pic

32zjcrt.png

In this concert Adam only used three basses?

Seems like he used 4.

• Sherwood Green Fender Adam Clayton signture Jazz bass
  • The cream finish/black pick guard signature Warwick CV Streamer
  • The cream finish/pearl pick guard signature Warwick CV Streamer (I think that one is tuned to E-Flat)
  • Warwick Stryker (I think) - Dark color - Used for With Or Without You. (I still need to see some better pix on this one)

Wither way, it seems a considerable shirt from 360, when he seemed to be trying to rival Edge with guitar changes.

Interesting that there is no Reverso (natural, red or gold) being used. No signed of the Gibson basses used last tour. No sparkle Fender P or Jazz basses.

It's like he has erased the past and started with new gear - even down to the apparent change in amp setup.

Be cool if one of the Guitar Magazines did a feature SOON.

Or better yet, if PREMIER GUITAR did one of their video RIG RUNDOWNS for Edge and Adam.

I have contacted Premier Guitar on Youtube, and requested that they do it. If they do not reply I will do it again. It would be better if they did a video, rather than a big article with a few pix.

I would say that this could happen, as Premier Guitar have done Rig Rundowns for some big names recently....KISS, Brian May, Heart, James Valentine and Joan Jett And The Blackhearts to name a few.

Advert for the Warwick Custom Shop Adam Clayton Signature model

Advert for the Warwick Custom Shop Adam Clayton Signature model

New Bass Release – The Warwick Adam Clayton Signature Model…

Warwick’s cooperation with Adam Clayton of U2 goes back to 2008, when Adam contacted Warwick-founder and managing director Hans-Peter Wilfer about building a bass with his specific specifications and requirements. In 2010 the first Adam Clayton Signature model, the Warwick Reverso was born.

In 2013 Adam Clayton bought a new Warwick Streamer CV featuring a P-pickup. He liked this bass so much that he expressed the desire to make this his new signature-instrument. From this collaboration, the Warwick Adam Clayton Streamer CV Signature model was born. Adam showed and played this bass at the record release for U2’s new album “Songs of Innocence”. In addition, Adam uses his new Warwick signature bass for recordings and live gigs all around the world and you can see Adam playing his new Signature bass on their 2015 Innocence + Experience Tour. This Masterbuilt beauty is now available from the Warwick Custom Shop in Markneukirchen, Germany.

The new Warwick Adam Clayton Streamer CV Signature model is characterized by the following special details:

– Maple machine heads
– Maple trussrod cover
– One piece maple neck
– Maple fingerboard with beautiful black block-inlays
– Brass nut and bridge
– Black/White/Black Custom Shop pickguard
– Passive Seymour Duncan P Quarter Pound (SSPB-3) pickup
– Passive MEC electronics
– Cream white high-gloss finish
– Selected swamp-ash body, extra light

With his new Streamer CV Signature, Adam Clayton proves once more his intimate affection to Warwick instruments. We at Warwick feel particularly distinguished by Adam Clayton with this new signature-instrument.

In the foreseeable future we will report about the “little brother”, the Rockbass Adam Clayton Artist Line bass.

Warwick Adam Clayton Signature Model specifications

Strings: 4
Neck Construction: Bolt on
Headstock: Standard Warwick
Headstock Angle: 11°
Machine heads: Warwick Machine Heads with wooden knobs
Nut: Warwick Just a Nut III Brass
Scale Length: 864 mm / 34″
Fretwire: Warwick Jumbo
Frets: IFT – Invisible Fretwork Technology
Fret material: 21 Jumbo Bronze (extra hard) frets (Width: 2.9 mm / Height: 1.3 mm)
Fingerboard Wood: Maple
Fingerboard Inlays: Black Block Inlays
Neck Wood: One piece Maple Neck
Neck Shape: Standard Warwick
Fingerboard Radius: 9 1/2″ / 241 mm
Neck Thickness at 1st Fret: 21 mm
Neck Thickness at 12th Fret: 24mm
Neck Width at Nut: 38,5mm
Neck Width at 12th Fret: 54mm
Bodywood: selected Swamp Ash, extra light
Pickguard: Black Pickguard
Pickup: passive Seymour Duncan P Quarter Pound (SSPB-3)
Electronics: Passive MEC Electronic
Layout: Volume / Bass / Treble
Control Knobs: Dome speeds
Bridge System: Warwick 2 pcs. Bridge Brass
Hardware color: Chrome
Strap Locks: Warwick Security locks
String gauge: Warwick EMP strings 045″ – 105″ (38200M)
Packing: Flight Case by RockCase® (RC 10830 SA W)
Finish: Creme White High Polish

For more information, please visit Framus & Warwick on: www.warwick.de

Back
Top Bottom