wah pedal on IE tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
These days, i barely talk about Edge-specific thing on this forum, partially because i don't attend/participate in any other gear-related pages so i end up asking general rig questions. should i join the gear page for that? i don't know about that.

anyway, this is the first Edge-rig question i have had for a while.

So i noticed that instead of his trusty rehoused rack wah pedal (identical to regular vox-wah, circuit wise, i have heard), he now uses the wah within the Fractal or some other means (that unknown black box in his rig?) and he controls them via his Boss volume/expression pedal (pretty bulky one, Ive seen Nels Cline using one and he said these break down less frequently). but from bunch of videos i have watched, i have never seen Edge really using that expression pedal or hearing any indication of wah usage; considering that lots of SOI songs are about youth and all that, all the guitar parts had very straight-forward tone, without harsh EQ-ing or filtering associated with cocked wah (this phrase still makes me laugh). Also BTBS, the song which used to feature lots of wah, didn't have any wha-derived passages at all. instead he played solo like he did in the record. you know, slides. so....where did he really used wah pedal/filter sweep during IE tour? or possibly it was for MW?

Last edited:
In that tour he has only used wah ion BTBS.

I think he has two rack wah in the rack. The CaE custom old rack (spare unit) and the dunlop rackwah on the backside that is the one is using now with boss FV500

In that tour he has only used wah ion BTBS.

I think he has two rack wah in the rack. The CaE custom old rack (spare unit) and the dunlop rackwah on the backside that is the one is using now with boss FV500

oh really? he used Dunlop rack-mount unit? good to know.

OK i don't really hear obvious wah passages on BTBS but i may be just plain deaf so don't really blame me.

I finally saw Edge using wah from U2's iHeart performances during playing Desire

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom