Vox Valvetronix or Pathfinder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge10

The Fly
Which is better? I am looking at the 30 watt Valvetronix and the 15 watt Pathfinder.

Does the Valvetronix have any different features than the Pathfinder?

breathe said:
A LOT! The pathfinder is just a normal amp with reverb....The Valevetronix has effects (Which i really don't use) and different amp settings...They have a AC30 Pre-set to, Which i think is cool....oh and its a Tube Amp. :wave:

I didn't know that. I like the idea of an AC30 preset.

I've been pretty happy with the AD15VT I have and the VT30 I got recently (although that one is very different and takes a bit more "work").

But I've also played through my brother's AC15 and that thing sounds awesome.

I do think the Vox modelling amps are great values for the money though. They can be found easily on Craigslist for under $100.

Chill Mike D said:
I've been pretty happy with the AD15VT I have and the VT30 I got recently (although that one is very different and takes a bit more "work").

But I've also played through my brother's AC15 and that thing sounds awesome.

I do think the Vox modelling amps are great values for the money though. They can be found easily on Craigslist for under $100.

How do you mean "work"?

Well I mean my AD15VT pretty much instantly sounds good on a variety of models. It takes almost no tweaking.

The VT30 takes more fiddling and tweaking, and I can tell the models are different. So it takes more "work" to get it to sound as good.

Back
Top Bottom