vox valvetronic 4 u2 songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fender-man

Babyface
hello !!! has anyone tried the vox adt 100 valvetronic to play u2 songs? i want to use it with my pod xt live and use the return of the effect loop to play with this amp...what do you think about it? bye!! thank you!!

Well, I don't really play U2 songs at home other than the occasional "Bad" noodle, but I did record this fake U2 song with a Vox AD15VT and a Firebird.

No stompboxes, nothing else. To me it sounds pretty damn close to the mid/late 80s Edge.

Well, I don't really play U2 songs at home other than the occasional "Bad" noodle, but I did record this fake U2 song with a Vox AD15VT and a Firebird.

No stompboxes, nothing else. To me it sounds pretty damn close to the mid/late 80s Edge.

nice your work....

my question is about playing live ,no recording thank so much!!!

Ah in that case, I would think you'd be ok. My brother has the 50watt dual 12" version and it's easily loud enough for even a spacious club, so if you have the 100watt I'm sure you'll be fine.

hello !!! has anyone tried the vox adt 100 valvetronic to play u2 songs? i want to use it with my pod xt live and use the return of the effect loop to play with this amp...what do you think about it? bye!! thank you!!

The girl that used to be the guitar player in Exit used a Valvetronix. Not sure the exact model. Okay for some stuff. But then they played a lot of early U2 as she didn't have rack gear and such like The Edge.

But for early stuff with a few pedals, one could probably get decent U2 tones, just as she did.

Chill Mike D, that sounded great! What do you use to record??

That song was an Epiphone Firebird VII directly into the Vox AD15VT. I miked that, ran it through a Behringer XENYX 1204USB mixer, into Garageband.

The bass was a Yamaha bass, and the Ebow bit was a Telecaster. The drums were a combination of loops and MIDI drums that I played, and there were some other backing loops and some synths buried in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom