Verbzilla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darthhawk125

The Fly
Hello.

I have a POD XT Live and i want to add a verbzilla on it.

Would it be better for me to split my guitar signal and have it go to the POD and the zilla separately or would it matter as much if i just hooked up the zilla on the "pedal 2" input of the POD?

thanks

i split my signal from the start, one side to my distortion pedals and A3 to the amp, the other through the Verbzilla into another amp. to me the sound gets muddy if you push the verb through the same amp, especially with distortion.

I have the same kind of setup. That is if you use the Verbzilla for shimmer. Split at the beginning. You can use in a single amp setup but then I would advise you to use it only for clean parts.

Thanks for the reply

What do you guys use to split the signal? I don't want to spend too much on a splitter, so which ones out there would do a good job without straining my wallet?

Also, I play in my church, and my signal goes straight to the mixer, since my POD XT models the AC30 very well, so would it still be a good idea to leave the signal parallel and have 2 outputs going into the mixer?

Thanks

i picked up a splitter cable from radio shack to split mine. 2 outputs into the mix would probably work, but i suggest getting a volume pedal just for the shimmer signal.

I recommend getting a good splitter, one which has a buffer or a signal booster in it. Because you are basically weakening your signal. These cost more but also have the advantage that you can switch between either output A or B or both. Now you can get pre-made pedals who can do that, so called A/B boxes. Or you could go DIY for a fraction of the cost. There's a whole DIY effects subculture out there

And you should be able to route the other signal to the mixer no problem. I'm surprised you haven't used two outputs to the mixer already. After all, stereo delay is what the Edge is all about.

joe8pizza said:
Where would you guys recomend putting the delay in this type of chain?

Towards the end, with often a reverb pedal as the final pedal. Although not the Verbzilla you're going to use for shimmer of course. My delay pedals are the last in my chain as I tend to use the reverb on my amps. If you use a send/return loop delay/reverb goes through the loop.

Muad'zin said:

Towards the end, with often a reverb pedal as the final pedal. Although not the Verbzilla you're going to use for shimmer of course. My delay pedals are the last in my chain as I tend to use the reverb on my amps. If you use a send/return loop delay/reverb goes through the loop.

Hmm any good ways to get volume pedal/ shimmer and delay all in the FX loop?

joe8pizza said:

Hmm any good ways to get volume pedal/ shimmer and delay all in the FX loop?

Not really, you can do it, but like it has been said, it will muddy up your sound. There is a reason Edge splits of his Shimmer signal beforehand. Otherwise he couldn't use it so much. A decent A/B split pedal won't cost you that much, even less if you build one yourself. Small effort, big payoff.

discothequeLP said:
splitting the shimmer is a must. there's nothing cooler than a crazy overdriven solo with heavy clean shimmer behind it!

Right now im splitting the signal up with my sterep Boss CE-5 pedal. Boss pedals have buffers in them, so I figure this would be fine for the time being. Im still working on getting a blend that I like thou:( haha things will get better when my Nova delay arrives:)

Do you guys recomend putting any type of effects after the shimmer?) Reverb,chorus,etc?)

Back
Top Bottom