UTEOTW...better this time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
YouTube - ‪U2 Until the End of the World (Live at Slane Castle w/ Vox AC4)‬‎

I tried UTEOTW a little earlier back and posted here. There was some talk about the tone I had and I tried some of the suggestions (added a Boost Comp is one) and instead of using the Vox AmPlug I used my AC4. I feel much better with this one. Not perfect by any means but I feel it's much better.

Here is the original version:

YouTube - U2 Until the End of the World

Just want to throw this out there. Using the recently acquired M13 and not so recent Vox amplug. I think I probably should have a little more verb and a little less gain. Oh well. :/

So yeah I just wanted to check in on that. Plus there hasn't been much activity in EBTTRT lately. :shame:

:lol:

I'm diggin it. There's always going to be a degree of difference between our sounds and what The Edge actually puts out through his super-mega rig. Honestly, I think its nice to see that degree of difference and individuality come through ;)

And agree'd on the lack of activity in here recently. Perhaps an EO rundown of Turin gear is in order?

I will have a more in-depth gear rundown soon.

Edge looks to be using the same guitars for same song bits.

He's using a Gibson Music Rising Les Paul for "Hold Me, Thrill Me...". He used the Goldtop for Popmart.

Flowering Rose of Glastonbury appears to be the 2008 clone of the auction 70's Les Paul Custom.

Gibson Limited Edition 1976 Explorer for "Return of the String Ray Guitar".

The one interesting move I saw was using a `70's Stratocaster for "Moment of Surrender", instead of the tobacco finish stereo Gretsch Country Club that he used on the first two legs of the tour.

For me, one reason I went with goldtop over any other is cause I love the look of edge's.

EO, do you have any photo's that suggest that its the MR les paul for HMTMKMKM?

Back
Top Bottom