usb les paul and amp kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eventide

The Fly
Hi its been a while since i have posted anything....

I had a chat with a friend of mine who is a producer and was working at Olympic studios with u2. He mentioned that the Edge used the Amp Kitchen guitar amp alot for recording and also he used a blue usb les paul linked to a computer also for recording and that this particular guitar lets you control the output of each individual string.

Has anybody else heard of Edge using this equipment????

Also my friend mentioned the vox sdd containing special delay times designed to work with the tc 2290. They were reffered to as the magic numbers. Any clues to what the settings are????

Thanks Eventide

Merry xmas

Hi

The amp is made by audio kitchen and gibson do indeed make a usb les paul....

Producers name is Gary Bromham and he said Brian Eno used his personal studio based at olympic during U2s session there....Gary also got to play on 1 of Edges Explorers through his rig.

1 of the magic sdd numbers is 135ms and is used with many tc presets

example streets is 0 89 4.7 365 with vox sdd 135ms intro and outro only......

Try it and listen to how tight it makes the delay sound. When the 0 feedback is set on the 2290 it usually means theres an sdd preset involed also....

Hope this has shed some light on it....

Yes Edge is using the amp kitchen amplifier and the USB les paul but its not very documented on the internet and its only recently he has chosen to use both these new toys

Does anybody else have the sdd presets????

Check out the studio footage on the it might get loud clips on youtube.There is a moment when Edge is playing the Fly and he tweaks the sdd .552ms is clear as day on the sdd led panel. I have tried this preset with with Flies tc 2290 settings and this also works,it kinda makes the delays skip along....

Back
Top Bottom