Until the End of the World Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scooter

Babyface
Just a question, I'm considering playing Until The End of The World in my crappy little cover band, and I'd like to know what the best way is to recreate that screaming sound at the beginning of the song. You know, the one that makes everyone at every U2 show I've ever seen cheer like crazy. I know Edge doesn't play that part when they do it live, so I'm wondering what it even is, guitar with effects or whatever electronic device he was playing with when they wrote it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You can get some really cool backing tracks of many U2 songs (UTEOTW, HMTMKMKM, STreets, and others) at this site (just take out the spaces)

h ttp://u 2recor ding.trip od.com/b ack ing.ht ml

If you have a sampler handy I'd just take it straight off the CD, or record it on to a CD and cue it up. It's such a distinctive sound that any attempt to reproduce it by any other means such as imaginative keyboard settings etc. is doomed. I've heard one or two tributes try it and it just doesn't work.

Mick

I think it is a mix of bono's vocal and a guitar plus lots of effects, eq etc...either way as the wise gragraver points out, it is pretty much impossible to replicate live, so sample it or use mp3 editing software and snip that section, burn it to CD and play it off a CD player....

Cheers,

Brady

it is indeed a mix of bono's voice, edge's guitar, and effects. many many effects, probably put through computers. bono said this once, but would not give away the secret of exactly how to replicate it, as it is kinda special to them. they do not play the intro at live shows obviously. it is one of their many squencers.

I think Edge's Intro in the live shows is just as good. He plays harmonics in between some drags and then finally rips into the riff and then the solo.....

Back
Top Bottom