Until the End of the World (Guitar Cover)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good effort, the M13 is a great unit. :)

Just a couple points:

1. I'd have another look at the main riff (during "Haven't seen you..."), it should be slightly different.

2. Your "In my dreams, I was drowning my sorrows" part...not sure how Edge plays that: Either you need less distortion or more gentle strumming of E and D string only (mute the A string for sure!)

Hows the Amplug workin' out for you? :)

Good effort, the M13 is a great unit. :)

Just a couple points:

1. I'd have another look at the main riff (during "Haven't seen you..."), it should be slightly different.

2. Your "In my dreams, I was drowning my sorrows" part...not sure how Edge plays that: Either you need less distortion or more gentle strumming of E and D string only (mute the A string for sure!)

Hows the Amplug workin' out for you? :)

Thank you for the pointers! Any help is greatly appreciated, since this is probably the most difficult U2 song I've learned by far. Seems like it's taken me forever.:lol:

The amplug has been real fun. I've got to record some stuff with it and post. It does the AC30 breakup and sound really good. I'm working for the new AC30 Valve Reactor series (need to turn in the job application first). If you use an delay with it you can get a great U2 like sound from it. It doesn't have reverb, but I have a reverb unit to take care of that for me. The only problem I have with the amplug is you can't really play at real loud volumes without any gain. The gain sounds great though! I used both my LP and Tele with it and the distinction is definitely there! It responds to Humbuckers and Single coils just like a real AC30. (I enjoy using single coils for it more than the LP)

The M13 is great. Fantastic effect unit! I could go through everything but it would take forever to read.:lol:

YouTube - U2 Until the End of the World

Just want to throw this out there. Using the recently acquired M13 and not so recent Vox amplug. I think I probably should have a little more verb and a little less gain. Oh well. :/

The gain sounds fine. It's a good strong gain sound. A bit of verb might be good.

The arpeggios in the verse seem 'off'. They sound a bit to stacatto. Might be to many notes? Just a thought.

Maybe a bit more boost on the solo?

Sounds great! Don't forget to hit open strings during the solo (like the g string in the descending run at the beginning of the solo).

Back
Top Bottom