U2Tabs on Guitaretab.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hello

i am new to playing guitar. i have a guitar but because not electric I find hard to play many songs.

i have a question. on these sites, many u2 songs i play are 'half tone down'. what does this mean?

please help

Half a tone down means exactly what it says. The guitar is tuned down a semitone.
E becomes Eb and so on.

Hello Galeongirl!

Thanks you for very quick return post to me. I think I understand.

So does G become Gb? I think it does.

Just one more question, how do you know when you have tuned right? My tuner does not have Eb, on normal strings.

please help. I want to learn discoteque :D

You can play those songs on a normally tuned guitar. It will only sound a bit higher than the album versions.
I always play SBS in normal tuning, never bother tuning down.
Every electronic tuner has Eb and the other semitones, as far as I know. When you move too far out of the E range it should either go to F, or on the other side to Eb.

i have another question. i still can't play discotheque but i can now play wild honey.

but my question is this:

when i look on sites they show me the chords and the strings. but when i look at my guitar when i am strumming the big E is closest to me, and the little e is at the other end.

even when my friend plays guitar and i watch, the big e is at the top, and the small e at the bottom.

but when i look on the website they show the strings with the little e on the top, and then the big e is at the bottom.

this is confusing.

i plaid with or without you and when i hit d it sounded rong, because i was playing upside down.

why are the chords on sites the wrong way around, i am confused.

Back
Top Bottom