u2sound-forum.com problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7cs

The Fly
Hi,
I've always had problems to register to u2sound-forum.com.

Months ago I registered and never be able to get in.
A friend told me that's because I used a generical email (like xxx@hotmail.com or xxx@gmail.com).

Yesterday I signed up as a paying member to U2.com, they gave me an email address (7cs@u2.com).
I've tried to resign to u2sound-forum using this new email, I have followed the procedure, received the confirmation mail and so on and..... I still can't get into the site!!!:banghead:
On the page appears this message:

"You do not have permission to view this board
You are NOT logged in
« « Go Back"

But when I click on "Log in" it says

"» Welcome sevencs (which is my username)
[ Your Control Panel :: Log Out :: New Posts ]"

But anywhere I click it says "go back"!!!!

Is it cheating me?
Do you have the same problems?
Do you know how to contact the u2sound-forum amministrator?
I can't find any contact or mail address on the site.

Thanks

Sounds like you have a cookie issue. Delete your temp internet files and cookies, go to the site again, login and you should be fine.

Sounds like you have a cookie issue. Delete your temp internet files and cookies, go to the site again, login and you should be fine.

I've just tried what you've suggested...TEMP deleted...coockies deleted...still not working!

If it's U2 gear stuff that you are looking for... or how to play parts to the songs... Meet other musicians...

Try U2 Recording Yahoo Group.
U2_recording-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

There are loads of great guitarists and bass players and the odd drummer or two; and them drummers are indeed odd! (Just didding)

Be sure to put something like "Hey, I heard about you on Interference" or "I want to learn more about how to play these songs"... when you subscribe, to be sure the admins know it isn't spam or whatever... and I am sure the group admin will add you.

Mick from NY's "The Unforgettable Fire" originally created the group and is a long time contributer. Charles from LA's The Joshua Tree is also a member (and great guitarist)... and loads of other knowledgeable and cool as heck folks.

I'm already inscribed in that group on yahoo, thanks a lot anyway.

The reason is that I'm fucXXng curious to have a look in there!!

Finally I'm in... don't know why!!!
Today I've linked to the sound forum and, whitout any log in, I can navigate the site!!!:applaud:

ok, i saw this thread and thought "oh cool, ill sign up, that looks like an awsome site". signed in with my uni email address, and now its doing the same thing to me that its been doing to 7cs............ wtf?! i even deleted my cookies: S

I think they're very selective about who they let in.

Rumour has it The Edge himself runs the site as some sort of cult to himself.

Maybe they just take a long time to register new accounts.
Try to do like me: follow the register procedure, visit the forum once a week and try to log in.

I've waited a month before they let me in.
Have faith, inside there are just normal guys like us who just love U2 and love to play U2 music... nothing evil in that!

It would be nice that Edge himself visits the site, he would be very helpfull for the guys, a sort of gentleness... I think that he's even so smart to get new ideas from fans trying to replicate his own sound!!... but I think that he's even to busy for this kind of activities!

So... Edge, if you can hear me... keep on rockin'!!!! :rockon:

i have now recieved this email:

Hi

You have been sent this email as your registration process has not been completed as we do not accept @ freemail aol or .edu accounts for new members.

You can visit the forums at // u2Sound-forum.com // and log in fully.

Regards

The //www.u2sound-forum.com Team

i used an edu account when signing up, which is an email account tied to the education system. do they have a problem with students or something? DESCRIMINATION!

Back
Top Bottom