U2 type Overdrive/Distrotion suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarlet october

Acrobat
So basically I'm looking for a very The Edge overdrive tone. Here's my signal path maybe you guys could give me some suggestions.

Guitar-> Korg DT-10-> Guyatone WR-3 Wah Rocker-> MXR Dynacomp reissue-> Boss SD-1 (Tone-Jam modded)-> Line 6 Verbzilla-> Line 6 DL-4 Delay-> Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memoryman-> Fender Hotrod Deluxe Amp

Basically I can't really get a tone I'm looking for with my current overdrive. I really want a crisp tone but not overly harsh sounding yet warm at the same time. Maybe I just need a boost pedal or a distortion pedal to throw in front of the SD-1. Any thoughts on the way it's setup or pedal suggestions would be great.

Also, If you've heard 'Lady With The Spinning Head' that's the tone I'm looking for. But I also want versatility in my tone as well. Thanks for the help. Sorry for the vauge explanation.

The way see it always go back to basics to solve a problem. It could very well be that the cables you are using may not be that good. A friend of mine bought and sold 5 different amplifier stacks in a row because he couldn't get the tone he wanted. Turned out the problems were crappy cables.

Also, how many of your pedals are true bypass? Some can be real tone suckers when they don't have true bypass.

A chain is as strong as its weakest link so always start checking with those first. There may be other things but that's all I can say right now without being there. Maybe others can come up other suggestions.

As for the tone jam mod of the SD-1, how does it change the original pedal? I use a T-Von SD-808 mod for my SD-1 and it rocks.

Back
Top Bottom