U2 Elevation KROQ (Gibson Explorer)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting, maybe the SGs are not on tour after all....

I wouldn't draw any conclusions like that from the Roxy gig.

He also uses the black pickguard Telecaster for Vertigo (not white pickguard) which he uses e.g. for California so I'm tempted to say he just didn't want to carry more guitars than necessary for the gig.

Dallas ain't getting younger either.

That gig isn't even part of real tour, so yeah, I won't say Elevation isn't played with SG anymore.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I kind of hated the sound of that Explorer in Elevation for KROQ performance anyway; it sounded sorta trebly and weak....

Honestly Elevation hasn't sounded the same since 2001.

Not only talking about Bono's voice but Edge's sound was vastly different than it is today (same goes for Beautiful day, which is ridiculously distorted nowadays during the chorus!). And I loved the end of the bridge much more than the bluesy riff he plays nowadays...

Not only talking about Bono's voice but Edge's sound was vastly different than it is today (same goes for Beautiful day, which is ridiculously distorted nowadays during the chorus!). And I loved the end of the bridge much more than the bluesy riff he plays nowadays...

It's not as good because now they just play it for crowd interaction instead of just shredding it up like on Elevation Tour.
Of course, I'd rather see them play the album version because I like the more electronic sound in it. It had very slight Pop vibe in it, but then the Bomb-Dad rock era killed anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I miss that extended outro most, where they would play the main riff 4x instead of just 2x, and Bono would adlib some additional vocals. I did like that extend intro they did during the Vertigo tour, made for a powerful audience interaction part. Which was probably what cemented it into a crowd pleaser.

It's not as good because now they just play it for crowd interaction instead of just shredding it up like on Elevation Tour.
Of course, I'd rather see them play the album version because I like the more electronic sound in it. It had very slight Pop vibe in it, but then the Bomb-Dad rock era killed anything like that.

I always thought the album version was meh. Very lackluster and uninspiring. First time I heard the live version however my mind was truly blown. Like I was listening to a cover by a hardrock band. \m/

I wouldn't draw any conclusions like that from the Roxy gig.

He also uses the black pickguard Telecaster for Vertigo (not white pickguard) which he uses e.g. for California so I'm tempted to say he just didn't want to carry more guitars than necessary for the gig.

Exactly.

Each of us may have a preference of a particular tone or arrangement. That is completely valid. But I like that Edge does try to reassess how approaches a song and try what might make the song more appealing to the band and the fans. While those changes might fall flat with some, I salute him for taking the time and making the effort.

z

https://www.flickr.com/photos/u2soul/18169997288/sizes/z/

The midi control board in the ROXY. I dont see the Kayfuzz here... And The Edge Played Elevation and i See the Pod. It's a new Pod? or the old Pod Pro? Maybe if he is using the Pod HD he can emulate Fayfuzz.. What do you think?

This is the order of pedals i see.

? > FET > FXII (Axe II) > POD > DM4 > SDD > VOX 1 > Fender 1
1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > XL (AXE XL)

Cool pic same CAE RST Midi foot controller and floor set as seen
a while back. Vox 1 then Fractal im sure it is.
Pod is no doubt Pod Pro. the kayfuzz sound am sure you can get
on the DM4 with a expression pedal or the AXE XL is doing it.

Cool pic same CAE RST Midi foot controller and floor set as seen
a while back. Vox 1 then Fractal im sure it is.
Pod is no doubt Pod Pro. the kayfuzz sound am sure you can get
on the DM4 with a expression pedal or the AXE XL is doing it.

Some years ago i built my own kay fuzz i used the dm4 for kayfuzz. I got a sound very close to the original but not exactly and in the roxy , sounds exactly, to me

What ihave read in CaE this pedalboard you can select each switch to the pedal you want. It's not necessary to be that order in the pedalboard. I doubt the AXE was after Vox or Fender.

Made a mistake it is vox 1 -> fender 1 sorry about that.i looked at the photo from the roxy and you tube videos.i dont see the kayfuzz
unless its been Rehoused? Which is possible.only other option is the expression pedal is linked to a FX unit to replicate the Sound.on previous tours the POD Pro Was used for the big distortions on Elevation and
The kayfuzz on the verses.Beautiful Day used the Pod Distortions.CAE built a promo show rig a while back which Had the Pod Pro, Line6 DM4, TC2290 ect But as you know things have changed with the AXE FX but maybe edge felt he needed the Pod for those ATYCLB tracks during the Roxy.i know on the Fallon show it was the DM4 for Beautiful Day Distortion but maybe the song was only selected on the day or last minute and Dallas had a cut down rig with no Pod.The SOl tour it says 'POD' on the RST 40 so they must of decided to put it back in the rack unless its a pod bean to save on space but who knows for sure
until We see pics of his current Rig..

Back
Top Bottom