U2 cover of 'This Is' (Gear notes + guest acoustic guitarist)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3p4hxwo3p4E#at=107

• Edge playing one of the blak and white Strats.
  • Adam is playing a gold custom Warwick Streamer LX with P-bass style pickups.
  • Larry is playing his 'Ringo" Ludwig kit in the studio again. Very cool.
  • And the tobacco J200 acoustic is being played by Mr. Dallas Schoo. Cool.

Here is the Warwick custom Streamer LX that Adam is playing.
http://www.warwickbass.com/en/Warwi...--Streamer-LX---#648--4-string--Pictures.html

Great song' great cover and they sound on too form' Edges strat looks cool is it a 70's model????

Is this the first time they've shown Dallas or Terry on the camera? Usually they keep them out of sight.

there's no any form to know if that strat is really the original blackie?

I don't think that the all-black Stratocaster that Edge is using for "...Streets..." is the original 'Blackie'.

The `76 (with brass saddles / # 2) seems to be the original with some obvious changes (white pick guard/pickup covers).

In pictures that I've seen over time, of the original "Blackie" you can see the Serial # under the Fender logo on the headstock. You can see that on the B&W /#2/Brass saddled Strat. The serial numbers were not put on the front of the headstock until 1976.

The other thing that leads me to believe that the 1976 was the original "Blackie", besides the Serial number bit is that from 1975-1980 (or 1981), Fender put black (not white) pickguards (knobs/pickup covers) on most (if not all) Strats and Teles.

That is what leads me to believe that the `76 is the original Blackie, that the brass saddles (which you can see the shine fading on the brass, leading one to ascertain that they are old) have been on a guitar (likely the `76) - for quite some time. And if it was mostly original (although I think the brass saddles were added later) it would have had the serial number on the headstock (the `76 does) and it would have had black knobs/pickguard etc (making the original "Blackie" period corrects specs for 1975-1980-ish

However, it is possible that Edge or Dallas merely swapped the brass saddles to the `76.

It's also possible that necks have been changed out on guitars... As with the original Vox amp (which has had various bits replaced), the Stratocasters could have as well.

It could be that THE original "Blackie" died in the flood. I'd never heard 100% what vintage the original "Blackie" was - from a confirmed source. In various articles, I've hear 1971 and I've heard 1979.

In the Music Radar online article, they mention the original Blackie. There the the pic of Dallas holding it. But then he goes on to say he uses it for "Bad" and "...Found", where are played on the '76.

Or perhaps he means that those were originally recorded with "Blackie" that is now being used for "...Streets..."

it's possible what you say because in the Zoo TV only appeared BW Strat. BB was not showen, i don't think that dessapeared. maybe he changed the pickguard for some reason stetical. and for the 2003 he used another BB Strat (but not original). so i also think that BW 2 strat could be the original one

I know where Adam got that green sweater .... from Jim Carey's wardrobe when he played the Joker in Batman !

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but what amp, head or speaker cabinet is Adam using?
It looks like Ampeg, but which one?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom