U2 Cover Bands in DC - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:48 PM
U2 Cover Bands in DC

I thought about this one a while and still have no idea what forum it really belongs in so I'll just dump it here.

Does anyone in the Washington DC area know of any decent U2 cover bands that play around here? I've never seen a U2 tribute band before, but I think it could be pretty entertaining, I'd love to take a few friends along. Any ideas?

Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:48 PM
I haven't seen any myself, which is a crying shame. I to would love to see a cover band if one pops up. But I do some kickass U2 karaoke in the meantime.

redhotswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:27 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:48 AM
There's a band called 2U that plays around here sometimes. They've played in Silver Spring twice since the summer. I don't know their next date.

Here's their website: www.notu2.com

They're okay. They have a new singer who hits all the notes, but lacks the sound or feel of Bono. Their old singer left the band; he had the look of Bono and sounded pretty darn close to him--especially when he spoke--but he couldn't quite hit all the notes. Their fake Edge seems like he'd fit more in a Van Halen tribute band...too many un-Edge-like cockrock solos. In the end, though, they're still fun to see now and then.

I've been hoping that Unforgettable Fire (www.uf2.com) would come down. They're supposed to be amazing, and they seem so from the clips on their site. But they're based in NY-area and all have families, so a trip to DC is a big effort.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:48 PM
I've seen several U2 tribute bands and have come to the conclusion it is all about the music, so the sound is the most important thing to me....I don't care about the flashy outfits and equipment, lighting, etc. If the sound is as close to the REAL thing as the actual REAL THING.....then I'm happy. There are all kinds of U2 tribute bands in No. America each with their own uniqueness pros and cons. I hope you have the opportunity to find a U2 tribute band, it's an interesting experience for any U2 fan.

I might also suggest googling U2 tribute bands and contacting some of them. Maybe some might be willing to travel because some of them do travel. Also most of their websites include pictures, videos and sound bytes sampling their look and sound.

Good Luck.
Carek1230 is offline   Reply With Quote