U2 Cover Bands in DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I thought about this one a while and still have no idea what forum it really belongs in so I'll just dump it here.

Does anyone in the Washington DC area know of any decent U2 cover bands that play around here? I've never seen a U2 tribute band before, but I think it could be pretty entertaining, I'd love to take a few friends along. Any ideas?

There's a band called 2U that plays around here sometimes. They've played in Silver Spring twice since the summer. I don't know their next date.

Here's their website: www.notu2.com

They're okay. They have a new singer who hits all the notes, but lacks the sound or feel of Bono. Their old singer left the band; he had the look of Bono and sounded pretty darn close to him--especially when he spoke--but he couldn't quite hit all the notes. Their fake Edge seems like he'd fit more in a Van Halen tribute band...too many un-Edge-like cockrock solos. In the end, though, they're still fun to see now and then.

I've been hoping that Unforgettable Fire (www.uf2.com) would come down. They're supposed to be amazing, and they seem so from the clips on their site. But they're based in NY-area and all have families, so a trip to DC is a big effort.

I've seen several U2 tribute bands and have come to the conclusion it is all about the music, so the sound is the most important thing to me....I don't care about the flashy outfits and equipment, lighting, etc. If the sound is as close to the REAL thing as the actual REAL THING.....then I'm happy. There are all kinds of U2 tribute bands in No. America each with their own uniqueness pros and cons. I hope you have the opportunity to find a U2 tribute band, it's an interesting experience for any U2 fan.

I might also suggest googling U2 tribute bands and contacting some of them. Maybe some might be willing to travel because some of them do travel. Also most of their websites include pictures, videos and sound bytes sampling their look and sound.

:up: Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom