U2 - 1 World AIDS Day gear...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB

U2 - 1 World AIDS Day gear...

Adam sporting his Sherwood Green signature Jazz and a white/cream Warwick CV Streamer (like the gold one that he's also been using of late).

Edge with a couple of new Strats. Or old new Strats. One looked to be silver with black pick guard. This one has a Sustainer system built into it. I don't know if they special ordered that or if Dallas installed it.

It makes sense that they are moving away from the Fernandes as the company seems to be fading. And as Edge is a Fender board member, he might have been able to get the Custom shop to build him a few.

For Still Haven't Found, there was another light color Strat. I couldn't quite tell (with the lighting) if it's white, that pearl ice finish or another type of light silver. Interesting to see him with one with a rosewood fingerboard. Most of his Strats have maple. Maybe it's another Fender Custom shop? Time (and impending interviews) will tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzI_UN8_MOo#t=11

nice fender custom shop strap there, I wonder if they will eventually release a sustainer strat. I'm sure that will be hard because of legal shit.

They could find a way, I suppose. Plus, if you have Custom Shop kind of money... they will build you what you want!

Or you can ask Nash or King Bee to do the same.

Another piccy:

Good to see Edge sounding as good as normal with his new rigs with tons of Axe-Fx and couple of other units (like Korg SDD pedals)

I ve seen some demos in youtube and the sound remind me to the miracle of joey ramone, the main riff

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

And, he seems to use Fender amp or new hand-wired Vox amp instead of his original Vox. Maybe it's retired for studio use or it's because it's just for the small promo shows?

I meant the SDD pedal that's put onto the front panel; there must be something behind that thing.

I suppose it's possible but not necessarily practical. It would be difficult to make adjustments. Sure Dallas could make them from the back but Edge likes to be able to do so too.

Keep in mind that what we've seen thus far is a small rack that's been used for 2-5 songs. The DM 4 Pro and SDD pedal on top tell me that everything hasn't been set in stone yet. (Or if it has, that rack is at CAE being put together).

I suspect there will be some pedals in a pedal drawer or on top like previous racks. Time will tell. And hopefully good pix of the show rack will emerge. But that rack will be underneath the stage again for the tour. I'm wondering if there will be any amps on stage. As the shows will be in the center of the arena... sight lines will be a huge consideration. If there are amps, it might be 2 like the promo shows but it's very possible that it will be A few isolation boxes plus some of the 'amps' being faux amps from the Axe.

Time will tell

I just want to know your guess about how these 4 expression pedals are assigned. I can tell one of them is shimmer, but other can be anything. Whammy?

And, he seems to use Fender amp or new hand-wired Vox amp instead of his original Vox. Maybe it's retired for studio use or it's because it's just for the small promo shows?

Yes, the main Vox has been missing from recent shows, and I agree, it could end up like the original Explorer, retired to studio use only, with newer spares replacing it live. I suppose if there is a feature in some music or guitar magazine about Edge's gear on the new tour, we will find out.

Also, Bono may be using a different amp on the new tour. If he played the white hand wired Vox on 360, and now Edge is using it, we could see some changes.

What i see, this small rack has been used for the next songs:

-beautiful day
- i still
-with or without you
-streets
-california
-volcano
-the miracle

Here is a i thing half setlist of a complete concert. Maybe the rack will be that or a little more large

Abd the exp, 1 is shimmer, maybe second for wah, third whammy and the boss Volume? Maybe for change parameters in sdd?

Its possible that the electronics of the main vox was re-housed in the white Vox?

Could be, could be. I remember Dallas said that that amp is essential to his sound, so.

And, I guess that just Axe and couple of boutique/wirdo pedals (like DBA, FA-2 and other things) for just a taste will be his entire rack next time; I think Edge will play more solos on the tour obviously, so I guess gain pedals should be needed.

By the way, if he's, you know, Fender rep., is there any chance he's gonna use more of Gretsch or Guild? I wanna see him with Guild electric guitars. I know Kim from Soundgarden uses a lot go Guild S-100 and that sounds amazing and heavy as hell, so.

What's the unit above the top Axe-FX?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized it is a SDD-3000 pedal built into rack form.

I have been looking for the edge's new strats but i have not found any info or picture of these guitars.

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

I think it's interesting that he went for single-coils for that Sustainer guitar rather than the hot-rails or some other single-sized humbucker like his other Fernandes guitars.

I think it's interesting that he went for single-coils for that Sustainer guitar rather than the hot-rails or some other single-sized humbucker like his other Fernandes guitars.

He's not using a Fernandes, he's using a Fender.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom