Two Delays ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EvolutionMonkey

Acrobat
Does Edge use two delays set at different times on any songs. Sometimes i think i'm hearing a slow delay and then a faster repeat but i can't remember what songs, and what exactly is tap tempo ?

Last edited:
Edge does use two delays with different settings on some songs. You can hear this the most on live versions of some songs. For example, the outro of Until the End of the World on the Elevation tour. Edge uses two delays (hence his use of 4 TC 2290's and 3 SDD 3000's in his last set-up) to get that big sound that you hear. He has also been know to use different delay times for certain live versions of ISHFWILF.

Tap tempo is a way to "tap" in certain delay times based on the bpm of the song. Some delay units do it using MIDI to determine bpm and then figure out the delay time for you. Some stomp boxes use a manual "tap" method, requiring you to tap in the delay time with your foot as you "tap" to the the tempo of the song (this is done by hearing the tempo and tapping in what sounds right).

Thanks a lot for replying. Tap tempo seems like something i need because I don't always know what the best delay time is for my own songs. I have tap tempo on my Boss se50 half rack so I guess I will need to hook up a midi pedal or something to use. Can you or anyone else tell me a midi pedal unit that will do this tap tempo ? and also it seems to have 3 different tap settings like tap tempo A tap tempo B etc all in the same preset. Does that mean if you tap the midi pedal faster it will go to the closest tap setting ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom