trouble with Delay SDD2000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rockhound252

War Child
today i was trying some levels of my effects and i heard that the sdd2000 delay signal sounds brighter when delay is engaged than when is in bypass. it's true that? do you happen that?

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

The straight, non-delayed signal sounded brighter? Hmm. There could be any number of things causing that including other pedals, buffers, phase inversion, and power supply. Were you playing in mono or stereo? What was your signal chain and what are you using to power it?

i tried that in mono, and no other pedals/buffer connected. i tried that with a les paul

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

A few questions:

1. Does it sound brighter if you play just guitar -> Korg -> amp?
2. Is your delay in buffered mode?
3. Is there a buffer somewhere else in your signal chain that you've added recently?

Buffers mess with capacitance of signal. Basically what happens when you go through long cabling is that the clarity and brightness of your guitar's original tone is lost. The longer the cable, the more effect this has, and especially so with pedals. What sometimes happens is people like the more dull sound as it doesn't pierce with treble. Others dislike that the capacitance dulls the integrity of their sound. What a buffer does, basically, is slam your signal through your cables. A lot of people (myself included) add a buffer to the beginning of their pedalboard, which helps a lot. I'm wondering if you're not used to a buffered signal and you've recently added a buffer in unknowingly?

What is your exact signal chain?

Back
Top Bottom