Tribute Bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stories for Boys said:

csx csx csx dugooooo? gigga gigga gigga fwooo.

*waves thumbs up wildly like Mark Hudson's impression of Paul McCartney*

dugga dugga click click clich sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhshhhhhhhh

I guess i have to be on crack or understand KLINGON to decipher, and there are some things i refuse to do in the name of humor.

hey score keeper, dont quit your day job.

YAY, I GOT THE LAST WORD IN.... THAT MEANS I WON!!!!

hehe

Stories for Boys said:

csx csx csx dugooooo? gigga gigga gigga fwooo.

Why must there be so much fighting when talking of tribute bands? We all have our favorite one.......but they've all got their special talents.

I've seen Elevation CDA, Elevation USA, Exit and JT - of course I have my favorite on for obvious reasons. All four of the bands I saw gave something different to their tributes, and I like that.

night_and_day66 said:
I guess i have to be on crack or understand KLINGON to decipher, and there are some things i refuse to do in the name of humor.

hey score keeper, dont quit your day job.

YAY, I GOT THE LAST WORD IN.... THAT MEANS I WON!!!!

hehe

Oh congratulations. You won because you think your band and that you are better than the others. Big deal. Don't expect to see a medal or anything. You hardly deserve one. Try and listen to the band the next time you see them and compare it to your U2 CD's. Assuming that you even listen to your CD's.

Politics, personal issues, or Star Trek have nothing to do with U2, Tribute Bands or music in general.

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't knock my friends for not having "soul." You have no right to judge them like that. You do not know them personally.

And like I said, open your ears and actually try listening to the music.

Last edited:
Edgette said:

Oh congratulations. You won because you think your band and that you are better than the others. Big deal. Don't expect to see a medal or anything. You hardly deserve one. Try and listen to the band the next time you see them and compare it to your U2 CD's. Assuming that you even listen to your CD's.

Politics, political issues, or Star Trek have nothing to do with U2, Tribute Bands or music in general.

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't knock my friends for not having "soul." You have no right to judge them like that. You do not know them personally.

And like I said, open your ears and actually try listening to the music.

get over it.

Do you have a sense of humour cuz your really not seeing the humour in Jases posts.
She did say she was being a bit hard on Elevation.

Someone is very touchy.

and by the way I listened to Elevation and IMO the music was great , they put on a good show but the singer sounds nothing like Bono.

Celticfc said:

get over it.

Do you have a sense of humour cuz your really not seeing the humour in Jases posts.
She did say she was being a bit hard on Elevation.

Someone is very touchy.

and by the way I listened to Elevation and IMO the music was great , they put on a good show but the singer sounds nothing like Bono.

I am over it. I have no beef with any other tribute bands. They're all going out there playing the music I love. It's people like "Jase" that encourage this rivalry behavior. It's pointless and a waste of time. And childish and a waste of time. Everyone's entilited to their own opinons and everyone has their favorite or "home town" bands but to say someone doesn't have "soul" is crossing the line.

I am not touchy. But when someone does speak badly about my friends I won't stand by and idly watch.

I have never heard any other singer that sounds like Bono. IMO that doesn't matter if they sound like him or not. That is the last thing I tend to notice about a tribute band.

Edgette said:

I am over it. I have no beef with any other tribute bands. They're all going out there playing the music I love. It's people like "Jase" that encourage this rivalry behavior. It's pointless and a waste of time. And childish and a waste of time. Everyone's entilited to their own opinons and everyone has their favorite or "home town" bands but to say someone doesn't have "soul" is crossing the line.

I am not touchy. But when someone does speak badly about my friends I won't stand by and idly watch.

I have never heard any other singer that sounds like Bono. IMO that doesn't matter if they sound like him or not. That is the last thing I tend to notice about a tribute band.

You know what its people like Jase who speak their mind and are not afraid to do it, the world would be a very boring place without people like her.If you cant handle that dont read her posts.

When I go to see a u2 tribute band I expect the singer to somewhat sound like Bono otherwise they are just a cover band IMO.
Jason from JT does sound like Bono.

Edgette said:

I have been in bands b4 and I expect people to think that we are shite and other people to think we are the next best thing since Glasgow Celtic Football Club.
The music business you expect a bit of flak.
Take it on the chin and get on with it.

Slan

Celticfc said:

You know what its people like Jase who speak their mind and are not afraid to do it, the world would be a very boring place without people like her.If you cant handle that dont read her posts.

When I go to see a u2 tribute band I expect the singer to somewhat sound like Bono otherwise they are just a cover band IMO.
Jason from JT does sound like Bono.

I don't read her posts nor do I plan to. But she attacked my friends. That point doesn't seem to be getting across to you. I believe I am speaking my mind as well. There's no reason to say that she is and try to put her on a pedestal.

No disrespect to Jason, but no. He does not sound like Bono. Neither does Danno. NO ONE can sound like Bono.

Wedgette,

Dont even fucking say shit about me if you are not going to take the time to read my posts.
What you are doing is taking the 'word' of people who dont like my opinion of thier (boy)friends 'performance', instead of forming your own. Now, if thats how you want to live your life, keep your head in the sand and let others make decisions and opinions for you.
I was giving my mother fucking opinion on a performance, MY OPINION, MINE, ALL MINE,
On a stage show that advertised a U2 TRIBUTE BAND, a band i PAID MONEY TO SEE, TOOK THE DAY OFF TO SEE,DROVE OVER AN HOUR TO SEE, GOT A MOTEL ROOM TO SEE, AND DIDNT STAY AROUND TO FINISH SEEING BECAUSE IN MY OPINION WAS CRAP.

Now, as far as the members of Elevation go, i dont know them as friends or anything else, i didnt go to the convention to make fucking friends, i went to see what was advertised,over hyped and over blown in MY OPINION. You do say in your above posts that i am entitled...your too kind.
I have been listening to u2 for over 20 years, so dont fuck with my loyalty.
I grew up around music, my father was friends with Frank Sinatra, Peter Tork, Jan & Dean, Lou Rawls, the lead singer from Paul Revere and the Raders. Also he played every backing insturment on some of BREADS greatests songs. So dont say i dont know shit about my music. Its in my blood, AND SOUL.
Bottom line, as u2 tribute performers, Elevation at the Ontario Convention was not the show i expected, maybe they didnt give thier best, maybe they save it for the 'hometown crowd'. You know im just saying outloud what most people there thought...or said to me...you know who you are,but go ahead and remain anonymus....

Also, if you took 2 minutes to read my posts, youll see i did apologize for being harsh.
I will apologize AGAIN to Danno...my wig comment was fucked up and wrong, wrong,wrong. You were performing and like a true performer, you had tools of the trade that you needed. I disrespected that and wish i could take it back.

As people Elevation may sit at the right hand of God (or the left of BP. Fallon in this case),save strays and walk old ladies across the street, and i can understand your wanting to defend them as friends, but fuck-n-a Wedgette, they are not above criticism, for gods sake.They should take it because in the business of all this,they should learn how not to turn people off from them.
The crowd slowly dissapearing was not an optical illusion that night. It was real.

And last but not least, its funny how you can dis Jasons voice, and not call it on yourself for doing so, isnt it great that you can give an OPINION. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

and heres one last statement:

JASON FUCKING ROCKS, JT FUCKING RULES AND THE TRUTH FUCKING HURTS.

whoa person you have gone way over the line. In the beginning this is about people giving constructive criticism. I don't give a shit what you think but give constructive criticism. I may be biased to Elevation in certain ways, but I will more than glady be open to other tribute bands. We rise above the occasion and learn from other bands. I really wish someone from the Joshua Tree would get in on this thread. The tribute bands need to stick up for each other and stop this stupid battle.

Don't give me shit about one of the members of Elevation being my boyfriend. I am professional enough to not let that sway my opinions. I know Elevation's weaknesses but I know the strengths way out weigh those. And one of the weaaknesses is not SOUL, considering how pretty much every member of Elevation has dedicated their lives to this band, this is their job, this is their life. This is my life. Music is my life. I don't care if your father knew Frank Sinatra I don't care if you've been a U2 fan longer than me. What matters is the music and how the music moves us, how it helps direct our lives and search for answers.

We put a lot of time, effort and money into that show. I literally missed the entire U2 convention because I was working on the vid screen stuff for the show, due to technical problems. We could have done without it but I care about putting on the best show we can. We want to give the fans our best effort everytime. We constantly feel we can do more with the show to get it even closer to the live experince. It really does hurt when someone says you have no SOUL when you put in hundreds of hours to make one show happen like that. I basically had to watch the entire U2 convention on video when I got home, including BP's Q&A. Now I don't want any pity for this, because it was my choice and I put the show and the fans before my own desires.

People would not have replied to this thread, if care was taken to write a constructive reply. 'Elevation has no SOUL, JT rocks' wow that's got a lot of substance.

oh an PS....the talk above was not klingnon it was drum talk.

Last edited:
Edgette said:

I don't read her posts nor do I plan to. But she attacked my friends. That point doesn't seem to be getting across to you. I believe I am speaking my mind as well. There's no reason to say that she is and try to put her on a pedestal.

No disrespect to Jason, but no. He does not sound like Bono. Neither does Danno. NO ONE can sound like Bono.

you need your ears syringed because Jason does sound like Bono.

Edgette said:

You just said you didnt read her posts , if you did you would see that she apologized for her comments.
I understand your need to defend your friends and I have no problem with that.

And they were saying that I was touchy?

What a "mature" post. /sarcasim. I don't believe I personally attacked anyone over this issue so I don't understand why I have to be attacked. I thought U2 fans were above this sort of behavior. I guess I thought wrong.

Excuse me for stating my humble opinion and disagreeing with you. You obviously are the bigger person and the "winner" of this elementary school-type arguement. Which, to remind you, I stayed calm throughout. I have not attacked you, swore at you, said anything bad about any other tribute bands, or resorted to bringing my personal life into this. I could, believe me. But I like to think that I'm above that and stay within the boundaries of the topic. Somehow that prospect was lost on you.

But props for the Peter Tork reference. Personally, I feel that Michael Nesmith is the better musician. Care to attack me for that as well? Be my guest.

Last edited:
OK OK OK ...... Ya'll need to back up a bit! Blair asked for someone from JT to get on this thread so I will.

1st off. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The people who see Elevation all the time are fond of them. We have won over fans here in LA. Please just try to control your opinions to be respectful of eachother. Express yourself but don't be harsh.

JT and Elevation are not in some U2 competition. We both have strengths and areas of weakness. Greg and I takled about some of this back in LA.

We were happy to be a part of the convention and were overwhelmed by the love we got and continue to get here on Interference.

So stop the arguing and attacking eachother....

Chas

PS: I like M. Nesmith....he had the whole retro-beanie hat things going... He was kinda Edge before there was Edge

TheEdge U2JT said:
OK OK OK ...... Ya'll need to back up a bit! Blair asked for someone from JT to get on this thread so I will.

1st off. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The people who see Elevation all the time are fond of them. We have won over fans here in LA. Please just try to control your opinions to be respectful of eachother. Express yourself but don't be harsh.

JT and Elevation are not in some U2 competition. We both have strengths and areas of weakness. Greg and I takled about some of this back in LA.

We were happy to be a part of the convention and were overwhelmed by the love we got and continue to get here on Interference.

Chas

PS: I like M. Nesmith....he had the whole retro-beanie hat things going... He was kinda Edge before there was Edge

Chas thank you so much. Its much appreaciated. I just thought the people need to hear it from the people in the bands. See people we are friends, so lets just set our differences aside and share the U2 love. And remember constructive criticism is never a bad thing its how progress is created.

This is not about band attacking band there is no 'rivalry' between Elevation and JT. I never ever stated there was.

I was just giving a testamony, an account of MY experience.
And i am sorry for any misrepresintation, I do not speak for JT or anyone else,but myself. I do, however know, as God is my witness, that many other people had the same opinion, and not just U2LA'ERS , but are choosing to keep it to themselves, maybe they are the better people, maybe im shit for expressing aloud.
But
What the heck do i have to do to get the point across,
IAM SORRY FOR THE PERSONAL ATTACK.
I am genuinly regretful of attacking Danno's style. It was rude and hurtful.
But
I am not sorry for anything else i said.

TheEdge U2JT said:

Chas

Well it looks like this thread has resulted in nothing but bickering, so I'm closing it.

Some of you need to read the FAQs. Personal attacks on other members is NOT allowed and will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom