Too early to learn tabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
I have been teaching myself how to play the guitar since Christmas, but before today I had only been playing chord songs. Today, I bought a songbook with songs like I Saw Her Standing There, WTSHNN, I love Rock and Roll, just kind of random good songs, which has notes for piano, guitar chords and tabs. I was looking through the book and just sort of looked at the tabs when suddenly, I understood them! I had never really undersstood tabs before, but today, something unintentionally clicked, and I found myself able to read and (slowly) play tabs. The only tab song I have done so far is I Saw Her Standing There.I haven't even been playing guitar for two months, and I can't always practice every day b/c of my busy schedule, so I was just wondering- do you think that this is too soon for me to start dabbling in tabs?

Lol! When I started learning guitar, I couldn't read tabs until one day, it clicked!

I say go ahead and learn Streets. It's fun

Guitar chicks are hot :wink: :wink: :wink:

The sooner any aspiring guitarist tackles musical notation of whatever sort the better in my opinion. Anything that helps you to play better must be a good thing, so if this is going to help you, however slightly, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom