Those Damn?d Pick Scratches.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Recently I have noticed that I am quite an aggressive strummer... which apparently has defaced my electric guitar. Maybe it's the fact that I use a large Dunlop pick, or that my playing is so lazy... but I can work on technique.

Does anyone have any polishing suggestions for these superficial strike marks that appear underneath and between the pick-ups? I've used a standard guitar polish in the past, but it just seems to compound the problem.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who experiences this... suggestions are much appreciated.

:up:

Last edited:
PS- I name dropped Dunlop... in the small hope I will receive a lifetime supply of guitar accessories.

Sell out indeed.

:sexywink:

I can't help you there, i never use pics as i am very retarded with them. I have found some small scratches on the back of it though, I think it might be from one of the rivots on my jeans rubbing against it.

fender fender fender fender
I'm a sellout too :sexywink:!

when you play keep your small finger near the places you think the scratches are so the next time you play your pinki finger will hit the spot and not your pick letting you know you are playing in the danger zone.(well thats how i play on my LES PAUL)
actuall it also depends on how you hold your pick. i hold it with three fingers. so my little finger and the other are stretched down.
try it and let me know it it helps.

I hold my pick with three fingers as well, but I usually have a more closed hand. Also my strumming gets a little wristy... especially during walloping chord progressions (like riffs in Stairway and SBS... the way I play it :wink: ).

Thanks... I'll try your suggestion out and let you know how it goes.

PS- Velvet Revolver is making an entire album instead of an EP now. Could be interesting.

:up:

there is this song called slither which is so rock&roll, amazing solo too(VR SONG)its a live version and you cant hear what scot is saying but still it kicks arss. cant wait for this (VR) ALBUM.

SO
VR album 2004
GNR(axl's band) december or 2004
u2's new album 2004

man 2004 will be the year of rock&roll.
and then the fucking tours.oh the new guns and roses are talking about a tour, VR will tour for their album and u2 will also.
too much i tell ya too much cant wait.

i used to be a hell of an agressive strummer to the extent that i'd break strings very frequently....break picks too.

now? i'd rather not talk about it. i haven't played my guitar in about a month cos something weird was going on with my wrist.

Back
Top Bottom