The Wanderer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwc333

The Fly
Does anyone know what effect or effects Adam is using on The Wanderer to get that arcade-game sound?

I don't think Adam is even on this track on the Zooropa album, or if he is he is mixed below audible... it's all sequenced keyboard as far as I can tell. However you can clearly hear him playing a straightforward bass line on the version of this song U2 did for the Johnny Cash special a while back.

The bassline sounds simple and elegant though, so maybe he came up with it and the decided a synthbass sounded better, or he actually played it on a keyboard.

After all, Adam did prove with COBL that he can play a simple single note line on a keyboard.

I've read that it's Adam playing on the Johnny Cash one. Oh well maybe it is keyboard.

Muad'zin said:
The bassline sounds simple and elegant though, so maybe he came up with it and the decided a synthbass sounded better, or he actually played it on a keyboard.

After all, Adam did prove with COBL that he can play a simple single note line on a keyboard.

I cant prove it but I believe Adam isnt playing the COBL piano either. I think its staged. I may be wrong on this though. I know for a fact Larry is playing on Yahweh as he was late getting out there and had to run to get to the keyboard on time

M

mick3b1g said:

I cant prove it but I believe Adam isnt playing the COBL piano either. I think its staged. I may be wrong on this though. I know for a fact Larry is playing on Yahweh as he was late getting out there and had to run to get to the keyboard on time

M

Not that I call you a liar but what would be the point? To hide that they have a 5th band member playing keyboards underneath the stage? We hear so often keyboard tracks playing along without anybody visible playing, what's one more small piano track. And it's so bloody simple, you must have an IQ at room temperature not being able to play it. And there is the COBL intro bass part that could have been played but isn't since Adam plays a simple piano lick.

It could be show, but if it is it doesn't make much sense.

Back
Top Bottom