The Joshua Tree Tribute Band in Boston (just outside) last night....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum, I wasnt sure where to post this.

Saw this band again last night... they are AWESOME. They really just do such a great job. Has anyone else here ever seen them?

i know... not much achtung baby either, with the exception of One, and sometimes Even Better Than The Real Thing. Last night though, they did play Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, which was a nice unexpected surprise.

She ls Raging said:
they played at the beachcomber on wollaston beach in massachusetts....www.joshuatreeband.com I know there is one in CA too... not to be confused!

There is indeed also a Joshua Tree band in Southern California, www.U2JT.com, THE premier southern California U2 tribute band and NOT to be confused with the JT Band on the East coast. No "Bono" in any U2 tribute band holds a candle to Bono B Jones's voice, in my humble opinion. These guys ROCK! Oh and they do Zooropa and Popmart in their repertoire! :up:

Well, it looks like Cali's JT has a lawyer to represent them. You know, there's probably a good reason why U2 doesn't play much, if anything from Pop or Zooropa. ...?

The lawyer comment was a joke. I was referring to Carek1230's defense of why they're much better than the J. Tree in Boston, or any other U2 trib, for that matter.

quest said:
You know, there's probably a good reason why U2 doesn't play much, if anything from Pop or Zooropa. ...?

Last I checked GONE was on POP. And what about STAY??? I believe that was on Zooropa.
How much stuff do they play off of UF theses days? Pride.... I guess the CD is crap by your definition. They did not play An Cat Dubh or Into the Heart, Electric Co since 'the 80's...those are back in the set now. Before that, the only song on Boy that was played was I Will Follow. Just because they have not payed a song in a while does not mean it is crap.

Sounds to me like sour grapes just because we have some fans that are vocal about us. I don't have any issuses with the JT in Boston. They do what they do and there are people that like them. I do think it is misleading to call themselves a tribute band when they are just a cover band.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom