The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Edge15

The Fly
Thought I would start a thread on the equipment that the band is using on the tour.

There isn't much video available at the moment from Vancouver, but I have watched a few videos.

Edge has one AC30 and one Fender Deluxe on stage. The Deluxe is sitting on top of the AC30. I couldn't see if they were mic'd or not.

Edge used his signature strat also.

Edge used a black strat with rosewood neck for Trip through your wires, the alp custom for Exit and interestingly, the explorer for Elevation.

Adam is back using P basses. He used the purple sparkle one, and his old beaten up sunburst one that was used extensively around the JT era. He used those white Warwick basses that he used last tour, and there is also a pic of him with a white p bass with a maple neck and black pick guard. He also used a black Warwick bass.

I have no info on the drums or the amp Adam used.

Obviously it's still early days at the moment, and more videos will emerge as time passes, but I saw all of the above info on videos/pics already released. More to come.

Last edited:
i saw the vid and yes that new song The Little thing was played with LP with gold knobs.
the Streets was played with his sig strat and ASOH was played with Explorer. great to see that song returning to the setlist.

Im feeling like Vox and Fender are mic'ed considering the history of Edge's rig, but.....i don't know.

the sound was great tho. i don't have good internet at this moment but seems like sound is great.

also it seems like he's using similar batch of strats (and guitars, in general) to ones he used in I&E.

Ultraviolet was played with this strat-looking guitar but it had perloid pickguard. is that Fernandes? or is it a new strat Edge has gotten?

I saw video of the purple sparkle Jazz bass (Ultraviolet) but not the purple sparkle P Bass.

Edge is using the black Variax 700 acoustic for 'Mother's of The Disappeared'

https://youtu.be/IGsjZmQ1MXc

Looks to be a single-cut Gretsch White Falcon for One Tree Hill

https://youtu.be/bvpOh6-UEtI

Thought I would start a thread on the equipment that the band is using on the tour.

There isn't much video available at the moment from Vancouver, but I have watched a few videos.

Edge has one AC30 and one Fender Deluxe on stage. The Deluxe is sitting on top of the AC30. I couldn't see if they were mic'd or not.

Edge used his signature strat also.

Edge used a black strat with rosewood neck for Trip through your wires, the alp custom for Exit and interestingly, the explorer for Elevation.

Adam is back using P basses. He used the purple sparkle one, and his old beaten up sunburst one that was used extensively around the JT era. He used those white Warwick basses that he used last tour, and there is also a pic of him with a white p bass with a maple neck and black pick guard. He also used a black Warwick bass.

I have no info on the drums or the amp Adam used.

Obviously it's still early days at the moment, and more videos will emerge as time passes, but I saw all of the above info on videos/pics already released. More to come.

Last edited:
Could Edge have amps in ISO boxes offstage or have amps mic'd in the underworld?

He usually has 2 Vox and 3 Fenders on stage, I am surprised he now only has one of each.

They are playing stadiums, there is no way he is getting by on a single small Fender and one AC30.

It looks like Adam doesn't have any amp or cab on stage at all. Not even the small Ampeg B-15 like he had on last tour.

Seems to be a little equipment for this mini tour. I believe this will be only during these two legs. I hope when they begin the experience tour will have again their full equipment. Im also surprised cause bono is not using any guitar yet...

or that Edge finally noticed that he doesn't need a lot of gear for the tour anymore because of technologies and such. I'm sure he's using Axe-Fx so he might not need as many amps and pedals; on top of that he's using less vintage guitars so less need for the backups because new ones are possibly more reliable than the old ones.

sorry apparently the glass enclosure is there because they were expecting rain. the edge's pedalboard also had some weird plexiglass enclosure thing as well.

What happen with edge's tone this tour? What's doing his amps without mics onstage? Is he using amp sims or amps in the underworld? Anyone has seen that?

But again lots of artists nowadays use actual amps for some stage volume so that it won't sound like they're performing in the complete silence.

Back
Top Bottom