The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I recall correctly, Edge was plugged in during a lot of the JT songs during Vancouver and Seattle

But again lots of artists nowadays use actual amps for some stage volume so that it won't sound like they're performing in the complete silence.

Matt Bellamy of Muse used to have a single amp on stage, on a stand, just for feedback. Nothing else. But those guys tend to be all over the stage(s) all the time. So amps on stage for stage sound makes no sense for them. Personally I prefer the same approach myself. Directly into the FOH, in-ear for monitoring and no stage guitar sound whatsoever. To eliminate any unwanted feedback.

If you watch some videos online and looks like edge is plugged in most of the time. From what I recall edge prefers the way that sounds versus wireless.

I recall reading about that from an interview with Dallas, that if Edge could he'd be constantly on a cable. Personally I hate cables, I always keep tripping over the damn things and they constantly keep finding creative ways to get themselves into a knot.

I've seen some Rig Rundowns of prog metal bands which mostly use Axe-Fx but they tend to have some amps (or at least a powered speaker that spits out the guitar sound) on stage; because they tend to play in small to mid-sized venue, apparently the audiences in the front row feels strange if there's no sounds coming out of the stage (I didn't make this up, they said it). But I know that a lot of people are trying to minimize or even eliminate the stage volume so it makes sense for Edge to possibly get rid of amps on stage

He may be only plugging into these amps only for Bullet the Blue Sky but in other songs the amps are unplugged so that there won't be any feedback ?

I was at a Chicago show in 2011 where they played One Tree Hill and he did play solo thats different from recorded version and ones he's played traditionally. despite the fact that I felt awkward i actually liked it. i don't see the point in changing the solo but i don't hate it.

Is he....is he covering the Fernandes logo on the headstock? I only see black rectangle shade on the headstock rather than the logo.

Come on Edge

I wonder why Edge doesn't use his Fender custom-shop strat with Sustainer for that song. i mean he's literally a part of FMIC it seems like asking for a guitar is a piece of cake to him..

Edge has very sensitive ears, remember? A guy who goes on tour with 20+ guitars on average because to him they really do all sound different, what other reason could he have for favoring this guitar for Ultraviolet?

but funnily enough that's note the guitar Edge used for Ultraviolet in 360; he used other Fernandes with white pickguard. it makes no sense. also, he used this burgundy mist strat in WOWY after having some problems with his other sustainer-equipped strat but it did not sound that close to his other guitar, honestly

yeah probably it was that. these days there area some companies who uses chargeable batteries for their active pickups to prevent that from happening. i wish Fernandes do something like that to streamline their system

only difference i can think of between Fernandes and an actual strat is the bridge; i remember Fernandes has Wilkinson (floating_ trem while Fender one has regular synchronized system. he might prefer smooth vibrato on Ultraviolet? possibly?

Back
Top Bottom