The Edge's new rig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Well, finally, Mr.Bradshaw uploaded something that seems to be the Edge's rig (you can go to his Facebook page to see one!)

here's image: Imgur

Relieved to see bunch of pedals and Whammy 1!! I love them.

Cool rig just seen pics not long ago all 3 ...im using my mobile so cant see anything on here for sum reason...

2qcmu5y.jpg

wakrjd.jpg

34i0m83.jpg

I wonder how Edge configures those 3 Axe-Fx and stuff, but Im sure he has the way.

Im surprised to see that many pedals, thou. I thought its gonna be minimal.

I see that the Korg A3 seems to have been retired. Which could mean no Mysterious Ways on this tour. The AMS is also gone so its AxeFX for shimmer now? The Rab Fuzz is still on the board so Elevation is still on the setlist, and as I spy the Digitech Synthwah in the back of the drawer it would appear so is Get On Your Boots.

Also, no Kempers. Unless they're in a separate rack we can still expect to see Edge's stack o'amps.

in the promo rack seemed to se boss FA1 but in here i dont see that. but in the lower rack pedal board is not see everything. maybe is there

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

these are the pedals i saw, except the big black pedal that i have not info

Upper

-TS9
-Malekko Omicron Vibrato
-EHX B9 or C9 organ machine
-Diamond Vibrato
-Boss CS-2
-Danish Booster
-Vox Fuzz??
-Digitech Synthwah

Lower

-Eventide H9
-digitech Sc-2
-Pigtronix Rototron
-

There's probably some backup capacity in there as well. In case one Axe-FX starts acting out one night they can switch over to the backup. Life on the road can be rough on gear and many of those 19" units were never designed to be taken out on the road, day in, day out, outside studios. Just look at pictures of past rigs, the Elevation rig alone had 4 TC2290's, 3 SDD-3000's, two Pod Pro's and two A3's. The Vertigo rig added 2 Distortion modelers and two AMS delays. He wasn't using them all at once. That was spare capacity

My guess is that 2 of the Axe FX's are backups. In the bottom part where all the cables are, there's inputs and outputs for two Axe FX's. So I'm guessing he'll be using two, with two for backup

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i love that he cut out some expression pedals, there would be less mystery to his rig in that way. (WH-1 FTW)

Please no more Elevation or Boots!

Think of it what you will but I have watched enough bootlegs to know that Elevation is a guaranteed crowdpleaser that will electrify a crowd. And they probably thing Boots does the same thing as that was one of the few NLOTH songs they kept in the 360 setlist as the tour progressed.

I can understand the sentiment though. I myself loath One, although I can understand why they have to play it.

That blue unit below the Line 6 distortion unit looks like the front of an SDD-3000 pedal, could it be custom built into the rack?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

EXPRESSION PEDALS AND FLOOR PEDALS:

Whammy
Boss FV500 (wah)
Rab Fuzz
2 Mission Expression pedals, possibly for shimmer?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

maybe... but what pedal...? i dont see any fuzz pedal in the board... but in the picture of midi pedalboard i can see an stick that appear written "harmonic". maybe DbA in the bottom board behind the visible pedals

what if he was just trying out? what if.....?
All I wonder is that black pedal. or other pedals. or his presets.

I am really supporting that Hardwire SC2, I mean, lighting is kind of confusing and deceiving because those pedals are similar.

these are the pedals i saw, except the big black pedal that i have not info

Upper

-TS9
-Malekko Omicron Vibrato
-EHX B9 or C9 organ machine
-Diamond Vibrato
-Boss CS-2
-Danish Booster
-Vox Fuzz??
-Digitech Synthwah

Lower

-Eventide H9
-digitech Sc-2
-Pigtronix Rototron
-

Bottom right shelf is a Pigtronix Rototron.

Back
Top Bottom