The Edge's new rig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
.......I find that bicycle as a sign of very bad luck.......
Anyway, I wanted to see racks. It fine with just guitars.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

.......I find that bicycle as a sign of very bad luck.......
Anyway, I wanted to see racks. It fine with just guitars.

U2bike has his own instagram acount.

Tried to pull rack pics out of my high hat. But niente...
Boohoo.

At least from these pix, I saw Edge's sustainer strat has blade pup on the bridge position so I guess that guit. Has similar spec as his old Fernandes ones?

Very quiet atm on the rig front. But with the rumored news the tour will continue Later in 2016 there's still a chance we could get sum updates :)

Very quiet atm on the rig front. But with the rumored news the tour will continue Later in 2016 there's still a chance we could get sum updates :)

Yeah, I really hope that some guitar magazine will do a feature. The lack of any features on Edge's rig is beginning to get annoying.

I once said that I'm not even sure what's up with organ setting on his board or having EHX B9 or C9 but realize that he uses some organ-y sound in zoospore and all that so i am sure Edge uses those sounds now

The TFI Friday show was his promo rig 4 X AXE FX pedal drawer ect
if you watch the full TFI Friday show you can see the rig in the
backround when the other acts are on.

Same rig used in New York with the Boss,Chris martin and on the Fallon
show.

Last edited:
I feel like we can assume that he brings his Axe-Fx for the show, then program them with different switchers.

i doubt the Pod was there and even if they played sumthing
like 'Beautiful day' they could of used the DM4 ala Fallon show

Raised by Wolves,Vertigo,Song for Sumone ,Out of Control
all played on TFI friday.

il try get sum snap shots if i can get a good HD Version
of the Show. i recorded mines onto a cable tv HD box
but only play back on tv thru the box.

Last edited:
POD never appeared as soon as Edge start using Axe-Fx as you don't need one; he's got rotary speaker pedal from Pigtronix and distortion from Axe and all, which was probably formally done with POD. POD aren't liked anymore in today's standard as people realize there are tons of high-quality modeling and I think Line 6 are coming along nicely (Helix and stuff). Hope we're gonna get some rig update for Edge soon i miss those

The POD makes a good cheap entry level digital multiFX preamp, but unless you really REALLY dig some of its sounds and/or it has become an integral part of your tone (I saw a lot of POD's being used by grindcore guitarists) I see no reason for a guitarist like Edge to continue using it. The Korg A3 was for more integral to his sound and that has been replaced by the Axe-FX.

I guess the fact that POD is used by lots of grindcore guys shows some aspect of quality of those sound (ok, i should stop being condescending). Even Line 6 is producing different line with improved processing system and all that so i guess POD is becoming a past in some aspect. I was kinda surprised by Korg not being used anymore but it makes sense as he's reducing lots of his vintage gear taken to the tour like his old strats or his Vox amps.

I don't hate this trend; i see the live shows of Failure (good old alternative band from 90s) on YouTube and all that and even though they use Axe-Fx for effects, amps and cab sims and run them direct to FOH, i actually don't notice the fact that they're using models entirely.

Last edited:
The thing you must understand about grindcore, as has been explained to me by those who play it, is that they try to make noise. They're not looking for the most super duper dumble clear as crystal tubes only sound, they want their guitars and bass to sound like noise. It's extreme music which has its own internal logic. And having singled out those instruments on FOH and monitor mixers with a headphone I can only conclude that that seems to be the case. And the Line6 Insane setting seems to be an (almost mandatory) favorite. So in that sense I can see that at least in that little music niché the POD (usually the 19"rack version) will probably remain and even be coveted.

People question. Listening UTEOTW in that tour IEM recording seems that both Sd-1 have differents settings. The SD-1#1 (mAin riff) sounds clearly but high volumen and the verse SD-1#2 sounds more gain but less volume. What do you think about that?

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1449522491.303376.jpgwas on the u2 official snapchat before the gig today... I see 4 Axes, Pod Pro, DM4, SDD-3000...

When you're a regularly touring musician having backup capability seems pretty much mandatory. All that building up, breaking down, transportation in flight cases, trucks, aircraft, weather conditions, it all wreaks havoc on what's essentially delicate electronic gear, and shit inevitably breaks down at some point.

There's a reason why people like Pete Cornish are rig builders to the stars. What he builds looks fugly as f***, but it will survive WWIII, IV and V if need be.

There's a reason why people like Pete Cornish are rig builders to the stars. What he builds looks fugly as f***, but it will survive WWIII, IV and V if need be.

I actually haven't seen any whole rig built by Pete Cornish. except for the pedals which are kinda ugly

That audio article said that he got custom-made fender amps now? And Vox amps that aren't original

Back
Top Bottom