The Edge's new rig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont think a new album will be getting released anytime soon tbh. U2 are known for working on stuff and waiting till its the right time to release it.

Cool News The edge 15 lets hope we get it Soon:)
You know us Guitar fans:D with our demands lol
By the way I play two kinds of music' Rock n Roll lol

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

A question i got. Greasebucket mod for strat tone pots. Anyone got info about that and if edge would be using that? Ive seen some footage of this tour and he has the tone pot turned down at a half in Still habent dound and a little in BTBS and the guitar keeps the bright tone. What you think?

A question i got. Greasebucket mod for strat tone pots. Anyone got info about that and if edge would be using that? Ive seen some footage of this tour and he has the tone pot turned down at a half in Still habent dound and a little in BTBS and the guitar keeps the bright tone. What you think?

that is very strange to hear; im pretty sure Fender Custom Shop may have that info? im not sure

ok, kinda going back to the talk of Edge bringing that many guitars (36?), I was wondering that as Edge doesnt use that many guitars anymore, but it makes sense now that he has that many as he (or u2, collectively) is recording album. So there should be some guitars with no stage apperances? right?

ok, kinda going back to the talk of Edge bringing that many guitars (36?), I was wondering that as Edge doesnt use that many guitars anymore, but it makes sense now that he has that many as he (or u2, collectively) is recording album. So there should be some guitars with no stage apperances? right?

Yes there are guitars that are there for recording, hat aren't being used on stage.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

on teh newest setlist party thread, there is a pix of Edge's guitar boats. Dont ask me abotu the sources and positng 'bout it

I know Edge often mixes up his guitars this tour so backups are not strictly backups, but he's gotta use those blue tell and SG if that is really true. But it's true that many of his guitars could be for recording, so.....

I know Edge often mixes up his guitars this tour so backups are not strictly backups, but he's gotta use those blue tell and SG if that is really true. But it's true that many of his guitars could be for recording, so.....

I've only seen Dallas with the Pelham blue SG. If memory serves, that one was bought at Cowtown guitars in Vegas.

I've seen Dallas with it during sound checks. But I've never seen Edge use it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Too bad hat pic didn't show any other guitars.....
I kinda hate those names of finishes being confusing.... Or the fact that Fender just took those finish names out of DuPont catalogue

Too bad hat pic didn't show any other guitars.....
I kinda hate those names of finishes being confusing.... Or the fact that Fender just took those finish names out of DuPont catalogue

They are different shades. But even in that, the Pelham Blue doesn't look so blue anymore. Just like the white LP Custom's 'yellowing' over time, as did the Pelham blue finished guitars. Yellow + blue = green. So many of the vintage Pelham blue Gibsons look more green than blue. Edge's looks a bit more aqua-green

They are different shades. But even in that, the Pelham Blue doesn't look so blue anymore. Just like the white LP Custom's 'yellowing' over time, as did the Pelham blue finished guitars. Yellow + blue = green. So many of the vintage Pelham blue Gibsons look more green than blue. Edge's looks a bit more aqua-green

I've seen Lenny Kravitz's guitar (Pelham Blue SG) and it looked completely green(military green-ish color, just like some models of 335). And John Fruciante's white falcon looks so yellow that name is deceiving.
I love to see some red guitars from Edge other than SG, thou. He's got Fender CS, he can do it!

Last edited:
Yes, sorry, it is Lake Placid Blue. The only time I have seen the Pelham Blue SG used was when Dallas soundchecked it a few times on the Vertigo tour.

Pics:
img86974sc.jpg
22422317_efcb5fa151.jpg

Also, on U2gigs.com, there is a nice shot of Edge's amps and one of his acoustic guitars.

Pic:

2015%20-%20Innocence%20%26%20Experience%20Tour%2F2015-07-26%20-%20New%20York%20%28Photos%20by%20Jason%20Brice%29%2F2015-07-26_00-39-050.jpg

I had a friend that went on the underworld tour and were told no photography. So the one or two shots that have leaked - are just that - leaked photo's that the band didn't approve to be released.

Why no photos? No idea. But it is their show and their choice to make.

MG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/17/22422317_efcb5fa151.jpg?v=0[/IMG]

Also, on U2gigs.com, there is a nice shot of Edge's amps and one of his acoustic guitars.

Pic:

2015%20-%20Innocence%20%26%20Experience%20Tour%2F2015-07-26%20-%20New%20York%20%28Photos%20by%20Jason%20Brice%29%2F2015-07-26_00-39-050.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is one of the Fender acoustics that I don't recall seeing Edge play but fans have and a few have been given the guitar afterward.

The lad that played the other night, played a black acoustic. I didn't see a great up-close shot during the show but... Judging by the case... (He was given the guitar later)... he got a new Taylor.

MG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/17/22422317_efcb5fa151.jpg?v=0[/IMG]

Pic:

That is one of the Fender acoustics that I don't recall seeing Edge play but fans have and a few have been given the guitar afterward.

The lad that played the other night, played a black acoustic. I didn't see a great up-close shot during the show but... Judging by the case... (He was given the guitar later)... he got a new Taylor.[/QUOTE]

He uses it on Sweetest Thing and Ordinary Love.

I had a friend that went on the underworld tour and were told no photography. So the one or two shots that have leaked - are just that - leaked photo's that the band didn't approve to be released.

Why no photos? No idea. But it is their show and their choice to make.

but this guy can say the pedals were in the drawer?? M5 can be confirmed? and the siren?

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

I'm kinda surprised that Edge doesn't use Country Gent. all that much on this IE tour

Is Edge still using the Fuzz Gun pedal for the Vertigo Siren on this tour?

No. There's no siren sound, because Larry starts his drum beat coming straight out off OOC/Electric Co/Gloria, so Edge has to switch guitars.

Back
Top Bottom