The Edge's new rig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure Bob Bradshaw said that there are 8 outputs for Edges rig in the YouTube vids somewhere, so I guess there are some Axe-Fx amp sims going as well as amps.

It never ceases to amaze me that a guy, whose playing style is all about simplicity and economy, has one of the most complicated guitar rigs in the world.

Well, David Gilmour, who was the least "technical" prog. Rock guitarist used complicated rigs compared to Steve Howe or other people.

But I think It make sens for Edge to have that many pedals. He might not need many notes yet he needs tone.

Talkin about new gear. I have seen some pedals that apparently edge is not using at this moment. What do you think about that? And it possible that the AXE have the sounds of Achtung, Zooropa and Pop?

Yep. I'm sure. The question now i have is that in the interview the rack that appeared was smaller. Maybe 18-20 units.. If he has 4 Axe 3u for Sdd3000 there 14 units... I think is small for the stompboxes

Well, David Gilmour, who was the least "technical" prog. Rock guitarist used complicated rigs compared to Steve Howe or other people.

But then again many guitarists were using complicated rigs at that time, the 80's and 90's. That was the age of the big racks. But for most of PF's active career David actually had a surprisingly simple setup. Wah > Fuzz Face > Binson Echorec. That's what he basically used up until Dark Side of the Moon. And he managed to get some weird shit out of that simple rig.

But I think It make sens for Edge to have that many pedals. He might not need many notes yet he needs tone.

True. And because of that many people accuse him of hiding behind a ton of effects. Which I think is bull as skillful use of effects is just as much an artform as playing a million notes per minute. Personally however I do wonder does he really need all those sounds? Some of them, quite obviously yes. But others.... does he really need a dozen fuzz and dirt boxes?

I do also doubt whether Joey Santiago from Pixies need that many pedals for playing Pixies songs, which arent even very effect-driven.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I have talked with premier guitar. He said to me that they are trying to talk with U2 to make a video about The Edge's gear. They say that it is difficult but that they are trying everything to get that. They asked us to wish luck them.

Holy hell, Edge rig rundown is something I dreamed for a while. Since the inception of 360 tour

Feels like he's going DI. I feel like he has both Sans amp and real amp ready and mix-and-match, basically

Has anyone used EHX micro synth, either bass or guitar? I am wondering how usable it is in the real life setting. And why does Adam have one?

Back
Top Bottom