The Edge's new rig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The micro synth is a great pedal, one of EHX's finest. You want your guitar or bass to sound like an analog synth you can have great fun with it. Bass guitarists I talked with prefer it over the Boss SYB-5, which they claim sounds more digital. Can't confirm that but I know from personal experience that the Boss pedal doesn't track high guitar notes at all, whereas the MS plays very well on both instruments.

As for usability, that depends on your creativity.

Most of this interview sounds like it's got nothing gear-related. Or is it too early to judge?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

If Premier Guitar will do a rig rundown, I would expect it soon. As most of you know, they do the rig rundowns mostly in Nashville, sometimes Chicago or other places. U2 are not going to Nashville on tour, but will be in Chicago at the end of the month. I would expect, that if they do a rig rundown, it will be recorded there, and posted up soon afterwards. I myself have contacted them to request a U2 rig rundown, and I believe that others have also.

Sent from my ST26i using U2 Interference mobile app

It will depend upon available time. Dallas and Edge are busy cats. I know both Edge and Dallas have a lot going on show days and on days off (material being worked on for SOE, for instance).

I hope there is time for Premier Guitar. It would be very cool for us fans. But knowing the schedule... I would not be surprised if it doesn't happen.

am sure they will make time and there will be some sort of Interview
about the Rig set up.they know lots n lots of people are interested in
seeing the new rig and set up. im hoping to catch Dallas when they
come to Europe and the UK

Feel is like only thing we're getting is magazine feature of some sort, which is pretty enough for me.

Yep. I just was looking his manual yesterday. The question what pedal
Will use for that? I have no seen a concert using this yet. What i have seen is dallas using boss fv500 for whammy in real thing

it will be for the amount of Delay output ,there is a you tube
video sumwhere you can see him use it il try and find it.
the mission pedal next to the Dunlop DVP3 is to control the
amount of 'Shimmer' which will be the FR SHIM loop and again
you can see this in use on You tube videos..

for 'Bullet the blue Sky' edge is using

Verse-effects "SD-1" "2290" SDD3K
Amp-Vox 1 :D

left side of the RST-40 is a Boss TU-3 or TU-2
Elevation pedal(Rab fuzz) in a dunlop casing
Digitech Whammy WH-1
Boss FV500 (Used for wah) maybe the H version

Right side
start and stop Sequence pedals
Dunlop DVP3 (im sure its to control the Delay level)
Mission Expression pedal (Shimmer)

am sure they will make time and there will be some sort of Interview
about the Rig set up.they know lots n lots of people are interested in
seeing the new rig and set up. im hoping to catch Dallas when they
come to Europe and the UK

They are busy adding new songs from SOI to the set and they are recording songs (via mobile recording unit) for Songs of Experience.

So the fact that they will do any gear related interview just because fans would like it? I don't know that would happen.

It's possible but, if it doesn't, there are valid reasons. I think they are more concerned with making the majority of fans happy (finishing the next album) than they would be making as sub-set of fans (guitar fans) happy.

it will be for the amount of Delay output ,there is a you tube
video sumwhere you can see him use it il try and find it.
the mission pedal next to the Dunlop DVP3 is to control the
amount of 'Shimmer' which will be the FR SHIM loop and again
you can see this in use on You tube videos..

for 'Bullet the blue Sky' edge is using

Verse-effects "SD-1" "2290" SDD3K
Amp-Vox 1 :D

in bullet i have only seen edge using SD-1 + TC2290. not SDD3k and the Fv500 have been used by dallas for whammy in real thing and evident for Wah in Bullet

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

Well am sure Dallas could fit in 30mins like in 2005 with guitar world and in 2011 with Remco but lets wait and see as the tour goes on and I do understand the guys are busy as I do keep a tab on things:)

Last edited:
The FV500 has a label with 'WAH' on it so not sure how it would be used for real thing.he already has the WH-1 Whammy for the whammy pitch stuff.

I have a video in my facebook of a friend that recorded dallas using fv500 for the real thing. You can write to me in facebook and i can add you. I'm Juan Terreros.

You know what's gonna be amazing? Edge studio rig rundown!!! If they have temporary studio setup, then premier guitar can do this, come on!

Well am sure Dallas could fit in 30mins like in 2005 with guitar world and in 2011 with Remco but lets wait and see as the tour goes on and I do understand the guys are busy as I do keep a tab on things:)

Sure it's possible. My point being some of the U2 guitar fans are being a bit out there with their demands that 'he obviously will have time' or 'must do it'.

U2 are recording working on the followup album. That wasn't the case during the past few tours. So there might not be time.

And given making the 'guitar fans' happy (Making a gear rig-rundown video) or making all U2 fans happy (by finishing the album), the majority being all fans will win out (U2 finishing work on the album) over guitar fans.

Not saying it won't happen. I hope they o find the time. But some of the posts (here and a few other sites) insisting they do or have to do it, seems a bit much.

Just saying that there is plenty of reason to be understanding if it doesn't happen.

I agree, E_O, we definitely want to see SOE soon! Dammit, I've been looking forward for that album for a while now.....

And I'm feeling there would not be rug rundown for him this time. Plus, I want them to finish album first, you know?

I dont think a new album will be getting released anytime soon tbh. U2 are known for working on stuff and waiting till its the right time to release it.

Cool News The edge 15 lets hope we get it Soon:)
You know us Guitar fans:D with our demands lol
By the way I play two kinds of music' Rock n Roll lol

Back
Top Bottom