The Edge's new rig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nate, I know its weird that Edge is using gold-knob LP Custom again. But at the same time I feel like it would be more "correct/peroid-correct" for him to use LP Custom because he used it extensively during original JT tour.

Last edited:
Nate, I know its weird that Edge is using gold-knob LP Custom again. But at the same time I feel like it would be more "correct/peroid-correct" for him to use LP Custom because he used it extensively during original JT tour.

Yeah, I like that the band is trying to replicate the look of the JT tour and the equipment choices are playing a part in that. Adam's basses during the JT segment were also older Precision Basses and it was really cool to see older vintage equipment being used.

interestingly he's using his Mardi Gras LP for other songs that aren't from JT so that's why i think thusly. however weird thing is that he's not really using his old strats for JT sets so i guess he can do whatever he wants to do.

interestingly he's using his Mardi Gras LP for other songs that aren't from JT so that's why i think thusly. however weird thing is that he's not really using his old strats for JT sets so i guess he can do whatever he wants to do.

I think it's because he honestly loves those new Strats. He basically roadtested them for a whole tour trying to find what worked best for him, I would imagine a ton of work went into making them instruments he loved

also i can imagine that modern-production Fenders are better-made with more consistency compared to 70s strats he used to use, which must be a huge plus for a touring musician, like Edge. 70s strats have some cool features (like neck tilt adjustment) but build qualities of these are often shoddy (if you see bunch of these close-ups of these 70s Fender guitars you can see neck joints where necks are smaller than the neck pocket, thus creating very unstable neck joints). i feel like these custom-made strats are possibly better sounding and certainly have better playability.

Last edited:
I can totally imagine Gibson releasing some kind of LPCustom possibly tied to Music Rising or releasing it as a Collector's Choice.

I can totally imagine Gibson releasing some kind of LPCustom possibly tied to Music Rising or releasing it as a Collector's Choice.

It'd be weird though having two signature models with two different companies. Have any other guitarists done this before, I'm guessing at least one famous player has in the past

I remember replica of Eric Clapton's (and George Harrison's) Les Paul was sold and Eric was kinda endorsing it....

What I'm getting that is that it may not be "signature" model it could be a part of collector's choice series (I remember Billy Duffy said that replica of his LP custom was released as Collector's Choice instead of as a sig model because he's got a signature in Grestch

IMG_6931.JPG

Here's a shot of Edge's rig tonight on Kimmel, looks to be 3 Axe FX's and possibly a Korg SDD-3000 right above them?

It'd be weird though having two signature models with two different companies. Have any other guitarists done this before, I'm guessing at least one famous player has in the past

Well look at Adam.

4 different signature models from 2 different companies!!!

And he drops all of them after playing them for a bit..:)

Does Edge have a separate backup rig that he uses for TV appearances or one off shows like the Roxy that's different from his main touring rig? Or is this the main touring rig that he's using?

Yeah Edge tends to have a small rig for small promotional shows and full rig for the actual tour. That's been the case for quite a while.

Has anyone identified the Vibrato/Chorus pedal that Edge is using on Miss Sarajevo on JT 2017?

Back
Top Bottom