The Edge's Cream/White Telecasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Edge15

The Fly
Edge has two that were used on the 360 Tour, For GOYB, Vertigo and Crazy remix. As far as I know, one is a 1966 and the other is a 1969.
Pic?:
edge_telecaster111.jpg
9k=

Then, there is the Tele used for 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' during the Elevation and Vertigo tours. This guitar appeared in the 'Walk On' video. I believe that there are two of these.

Anyone know anything else about any of the Telecasters mentioned?
telecaster_white.jpeg
A2674896.jpg

I think the second tele is 1994 tele (I think it was Japanese-made model) solely because Sunday, Bloody Sunday was played tuned down. The other tele, I don't know so much. I know there's other tele with natural finish he used on "Unforgettable Fire" with tuning FADDGD, though

Oh, and don't forget 1975 tele custom he has. He used those on the rooftop performance at BBC when promoting No Line On The Holizon

Yes! I didnt mentioned that. But this tele is the tele of the promos. I know that for the recordingh of NLOTH appeared some video of the soundcheck with a sunburst telecaster.

FENDER -Telecaster - 19xx - natural finish w/hipshot B-Bender (Seen in studio pics from 1995-1996)
FENDER -Telecaster - 1966 - blonde finish [Source: Guitar World 2005]
FENDER -Telecaster - 1969 - blonde finish
FENDER -Telecaster - 1966 - Pelham Blue (During the 2004 promo shows, it had a Hipshot B-Bender but by the time the guitar appeared during the Vertigo tour, the B-Bender was removed) - [Source: Guitar World 2005]
FENDER -Telecaster - 1974 - black /maple fretboard. (per Music Radar Online)
FENDER -Telecaster - 1975 - blonde/rosewood fretboard. (per Music Radar Online)
FENDER -Telecaster (American Vintage `52 reissue w/Piezo Acoustic System - 2009 - tobacco finish
FENDER -Telecaster Custom - 1975 - walnut. (per Music Radar Online)
FENDER - 50th Anniversary Telecaster Custom (MIJ) - 1994 - Alpine White finish/matching headstack. (2) [Used for 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' during Elevation & Vertigo tours. Also seen in the 'Walk On' video]

FENDER - Telecaster Deluxe - Seen in the Fender Telecaster video. Walnut finish, pearl pick guard, two hum bucker pickups. Heavily worn freeboard and body.

The Edge on the Telecaster - YouTube

The black `74 was used for 'Boots' at the Pittsburgh 2011 360 show.

U2 Pittsburgh July 26th 2011 "Get on your boots" - YouTube

Has he ever used the B-Bender effect? Or were they just outfitted with the bender and he didn't use it?

You can barely tell if someone is using a B-Bender as you just pull down a bit on the guitar to work it...

Look at this video I shot, at about 1:20 you can see him pull down on the guitar and the guitar strap holder moves which activates the bender.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/PK05q20ahp8[/youtube]

He's had a Hip-Shot b-bender. Doesn't seem to be something used often. It was on the lake placid blue 1966 Telecaster. You can see it on the LO Blue Tele if you YouTube Vertigo from Brooklyn Bridge 2004 promo show.

Hip-Shot is an external b-bender / non-permanent, vs the traditional that involves carvinout and installing into the guitar body.

I also remember a pic natural finish Tele with a Hip-Shot b-bender on it, dating around the Passengers/Pop sessions era.

He's had a Hip-Shot b-bender. Doesn't seem to be something used often. I'm not 100% sure what it was used for. It might be on 'Are You Gonna Wait Forever'

It was on the lake placid blue 1966 Telecaster. During HTDAAB promo gigs. It was later removed.

You ca see it on the Lake Placid Tele in YouTube footage of Vertigo at 2004 Brooklun Bridge promo gig.

No. It wasn't used during the gig but was on the Tele.

Hip-Shot is an external b-bender / non-permanent, vs the traditional that involves carvinout and installing into the guitar body.

I also remember a pic natural finish Tele with a Hip-Shot b-bender on it, dating around the Passengers/Pop sessions era.

Brooklyn Bridge link
Http://youtu.be/5QPeic4Gd5c

Back
Top Bottom