testing out the 64 ac30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that you man? original 1964 ac30?

Most people that put up videos on youtube of their "edge" sound arent even close, but that one is pretty spot on i'd say :)

That is an original 64 with copper panel....Just about to pick up a 64 top boost with grey panel....
This was only a quick recording in my bro"s studio nothing to special you know. A korg sdd2000 with a bit of programming know how and a good ac-30 is all you need for basic edge delay.... The new digitech gsp1101 is a good source for getting edge type distortions and a line 6 dm4 is also a must.....

Glad you liked the sounds although the playing is a bit rough lol:wave:

It is me lol????

Cool! Thanks for that! Your sound is really good.:D:up:

I was in Nashville last week and went into a vintage guitar shop and they had an all original? 64 AC30. 3 grand!:combust: I went ape shit crazy! I mean it's not every day you see one. They had a ton of 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's Fender Gibson Gretsch you name it guitars. I was like a kid in a candy shop, cept I was a kid in a vintage guitar shop. Sorry no pictures though. It's called Gruhn Guitars. They had an 53 Gibson LP GT. And I almost fell on the floor. Since I would never see anything like that around where I live I went insane. Hopefully one day I'll have a collection similar to that to drool over.:pray:

Sounds like you were in heaven my friend:D

3000 for a 64 seems like alot of money...
I picked up a second 64 top boost yesterday for £1000 and it was owned by Charlie Burchill from Simple Minds.... All original apart from 4 mustard caps had been replaced and and the filter caps are new but it sounds killer. Just need to house it in a 70s cab now he he he for the authentic look lol.

These amps are out there to buy but you have to be careful as some of them have been butchered.....

Sounds like you were in heaven my friend:D

3000 for a 64 seems like alot of money...
I picked up a second 64 top boost yesterday for £1000 and it was owned by Charlie Burchill from Simple Minds.... All original apart from 4 mustard caps had been replaced and and the filter caps are new but it sounds killer. Just need to house it in a 70s cab now he he he for the authentic look lol.

These amps are out there to buy but you have to be careful as some of them have been butchered.....

Wow! Congrats to you!:applaud: So the one in the vid isn't a TB correct? You are right about that they have been butchered. The one in the shop had a bad looking grill cloth and some chips were in the corners but it looked pretty good from what I could tell. Oh and i did not mention I saw an original 1976 Explorer, just like Edge's, at a Guitar Center while there.:combust: I am NOT lying! So plug that into the 64 AC30 and you're all good.:D It was even in Natural finish. I know this story sounds too good to be true but it is true. How is the new TB coming along btw?

Hi

Yea the ac30 in the vid is a top boost but has a copper panel and dates from early 64 while the grey panel top boosts date from around july 64 onwards. The 64 grey panel top boost sounds great and starts to break up at around half full volume which i believe is where edge sets his volume too.... Wouldnt mind that 76 explorer. Mind you there are 2 types of explorer one with a regular neck and one with a bigger cricket bat type neck which Edge prefers...

My bro and i own 5 ac-30s

ac-30 64 copper panel tb
ac-30 64 grey panel tb
ac-30 mid 90s tb
ac-30 75 same looks as edges main vox
ac-30 thorn 61

We are going to put a vid on youtube sometime soon of our gear and demo a few sounds for people to hear....:hyper:

Hi

Yea the ac30 in the vid is a top boost but has a copper panel and dates from early 64 while the grey panel top boosts date from around july 64 onwards. The 64 grey panel top boost sounds great and starts to break up at around half full volume which i believe is where edge sets his volume too.... Wouldnt mind that 76 explorer. Mind you there are 2 types of explorer one with a regular neck and one with a bigger cricket bat type neck which Edge prefers...

My bro and i own 5 ac-30s

ac-30 64 copper panel tb
ac-30 64 grey panel tb
ac-30 mid 90s tb
ac-30 75 same looks as edges main vox
ac-30 thorn 61

We are going to put a vid on youtube sometime soon of our gear and demo a few sounds for people to hear....:hyper:

Oh ok, so it is a TB. That's really neat that you have 5 AC30's! I need to save for an AC15. And yeah those break up points sound really good. On Vox's. Can't wait for the vids! I'll keep an eye out.:D

Back
Top Bottom