tab's for Rejoice and Is that all??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr mc sarcasm

The Fly
Hello,

I've got a question about a few tab's I found on the net....
For Rejoice and Is that all? they all say that you've gotta tune down your guitar 1/2 step.......
But, I only get it to work when I tune down one step.....
What's up with this??.....are they just wrong or what??

(by the way, this is my first post, HELLO everyone!!)

Mc Sarcasm, I never tune down half a step (whatever that means) but I still manage to get Edge's sound - I think/hope.

I love the song "Is that all?" - Its full of energy and drive which is so characteristic of early punk, and early U2. I also love the Edge's guitar in that song. I believe he used a Memory Man Deluxe with a Boss SD-1 overdrive and some sort of compressor pedal to get that sound.

SnoopDog said:
Mc Sarcasm, I never tune down half a step (whatever that means) but I still manage to get Edge's sound - I think/hope.

Some songs you HAVE TO tune down half a step that means you tune from your normal E to Eb and it's the same for all the strings

Because you can't do harmonics in the right notes

Especially in some live songs they do they tune down.

Example of some songs in Eb:
Sunday bloody sunday
Usually Pride [live] I've actually seen edge tune a whole step down for that (see Slane castle)

There's loads more

Yep....you are right...some songs just sound really crappy if you try to play them along without tuning down......Try playing All I want is you (elevation) without tuning down.....that won't sound good.....

And yeah...."As that all?"...really rocks..!!!!....only I'm having some trouble playing it

SWlondnr said:

Some songs you HAVE TO tune down half a step that means you tune from your normal E to Eb and it's the same for all the strings

Because you can't do harmonics in the right notes

Especially in some live songs they do they tune down.

Example of some songs in Eb:
Sunday bloody sunday
Usually Pride [live] I've actually seen edge tune a whole step down for that (see Slane castle)

There's loads more

Wow, thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try SBS, Pride and some other songs in Eb.

Cheers Guys.

Back
Top Bottom