stuck in the moment effects settings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Album version seems to be pretty straight-forward and pretty clean. Edge talked about the "1950's Strat direct into a Fender Bassman" amp.

Acoustic version live? Might be a bit of delay but again, it sounds pretty clean.

Yep I'd say it pretty clean. However on the Elevation from Boston DVD there is clearly a bit of delay and the same goes for the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame show in '09. But as for the album and the acoustic versions, I'd say little to no delay.

Yep I'd say it pretty clean. However on the Elevation from Boston DVD there is clearly a bit of delay and the same goes for the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame show in '09. But as for the album and the acoustic versions, I'd say little to no delay.

2001 Full Band versions. Slane and the Boston:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbdX94df3OM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykIj190mJek&feature=related

Acoustic 2005. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANk_Fn0mEyY&feature=related

Rosebowl / Pasadena:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmUYORUivsk

fa-1

during elevation tour he used also with delay the boss fa-1, read on an interview a long time ago.

Do you remember the interview? I don't recall that in the Guitar Player interview... might it have been another magazine?
it is not a the edge´s interview, but one from a magazine writer who was at a gig. i saw it in a forum from europe, i will search for it.

here i go

built in: 1980
colour: lime green
description: this unit is a mini guitar pre-amplifier

originally released by roland/boss in september 1980 the fa-1 is a pocket-sized pre-amplifier that was desinged using fet circuity. the fa-1 can boost the level of any electric guitar or acoustic guitar to eliminate the problems of amplifier loading. can be used to to solve the signal loss problems created by using long cables or multiple effects devices on stage providing a maximum of 26db gain. this pedal sounds great when used with a stratocaster for a fatter punchier sound.
spotted first time: joshua tree tour
related song: stuck in a moment you can't get out of
related album: all that you can't leave behind, the unforgettable fire
source: guitarist magazine-france (november) (2000) "the edge: from u2 to u" ; page(s): 14-18; guitar one (2001) "u2's the edge sonic superman" by michael ross ; page(s): 60
al's comment: believe this pedal to be used primarily with strat pickups but also for pushing big muff as peter reported.
peter's comment: this is a key ingredient of the edges "big distortion" tone.
phaser's comment: while i agree to peter's comment i have to say: i'm happy to live without one! i've sold mine a while ago. but i agree that this is very useful to thicken a thin distortion tone. it can make a small combo sounding like a wall of marshalls. when sitting behind the stage during las vegas' elevation show i could see this pedals loop was activated for the song "stuck in a moment".

Interesting... but you might want to take the info from U2 Sound w/a grain of salt. I'm not saying that they are 100% wrong but the information can be hit and miss. It's certainly a question to ask Edge or Dallas if given the opportunity.

As far as the Boss FA-1, a better "related song" would be "Bullet The Blue Sky". Edge uised it with the Big Muff on "Bullet The Blue Sky". That info, per Dallas Schoo in the book "Live and Kicking: the Concert Industry in the Nineties".

The book listed above is no longer in print. It has chapters on various tours from the 1990's. There is a great long chapter on Popmart. They discuss everything from the staging to sound system to LED screen to the gear the band use.

it is not a the edge´s interview, but one from a magazine writer who was at a gig. i saw it in a forum from europe, i will search for it.

here i go

built in: 1980
colour: lime green
description: this unit is a mini guitar pre-amplifier

originally released by roland/boss in september 1980 the fa-1 is a pocket-sized pre-amplifier that was desinged using fet circuity. the fa-1 can boost the level of any electric guitar or acoustic guitar to eliminate the problems of amplifier loading. can be used to to solve the signal loss problems created by using long cables or multiple effects devices on stage providing a maximum of 26db gain. this pedal sounds great when used with a stratocaster for a fatter punchier sound.
spotted first time: joshua tree tour
related song: stuck in a moment you can't get out of
related album: all that you can't leave behind, the unforgettable fire
source: guitarist magazine-france (november) (2000) "the edge: from u2 to u" ; page(s): 14-18; guitar one (2001) "u2's the edge sonic superman" by michael ross ; page(s): 60
al's comment: believe this pedal to be used primarily with strat pickups but also for pushing big muff as peter reported.
peter's comment: this is a key ingredient of the edges "big distortion" tone.
phaser's comment: while i agree to peter's comment i have to say: i'm happy to live without one! i've sold mine a while ago. but i agree that this is very useful to thicken a thin distortion tone. it can make a small combo sounding like a wall of marshalls. when sitting behind the stage during las vegas' elevation show i could see this pedals loop was activated for the song "stuck in a moment".

Elevation tour he used
the boss FA-1 and the 50s strat
on the neck pup. cant remember
the delay time to be honest.im
guessing 530ms?

cheers BB

Back
Top Bottom