Stratocaster or Les Paul: your preference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strat -- middle/bridge pickup for me. The Les Paul is alright, but i like the bright, crisp sound of the Strat better.

Les Paul. That rich tone is simply beautiful. Though I couldn't imagine hearing something like "Streets" on one.

Strat. i have a 1979 black on black, same exact guitar edge has. Les Paul's are extremely heavy and can't get the nice tones needed for a lot of u2 songs.

Strat. My first electric! (bought in '94, black MIM, maple fretboard, white pickguard). Love that chimey "Streets" tone!

Les Paul 4ever..!!!!!
lpcsvs.jpg

Currently Strats are my main guitar electric wise.But Les Pauls are useful when u want a different sound.A delay sound def sounds better ( to me) with a single coil guitar.

I have both a Fender (Mexi) Strat and a Gibson Les Paul Standard. There really is no comparisson, both clean and distorted the LP knocks the Strat out of the water :up:

Either a Les Paul, or a Jazzmaster or Tele.. I really do not like Strats all that much.

Strat. I value my back.

Les Pauls rock though :drool: I'll pick one up when my scissor kicks get better (and I have 3000 dolalrs).

les paul all the way, i mean just listen to until the end of the world, beautiful rich tone, i dont have a LP, i have a strat, i just think a LP is lot more elegant than an ordinary strat

Back
Top Bottom