Stratocaster in Moment of Surrender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rockhound252

War Child
I havea very import question. I've seen some videos of MOS and when he doesthe
last part of the song with the guitar he has connected the neck PU (looked in
videos and pictures) but the sounds is like a treble pickup.... can anyone help
me?

No. I've benn watching some lives and he has neck pu. When he was usong the grestch he was using bridge pu. It's possible that this strat was modified? Where the neck pu had a bridge pu for some reason. I've read in forums that people does these things...

I don't think so. On the original 'Blackie' he's tried a few different bridge pickups (in the bridge position)

Sounds like a neck pick-up in the intro, verses etc. And in the videos, it is still the neck pickups.

So why the difference in guitar tone for the outro? Probably a combination of effects, EQ and amp change.

Most seem to forget that most tones are not one thing. And in that, not all tones use one or another amp. Sometimes there are various combinations used. In that, both AC30's are set the same. Chances are the various Fenders are not at the same settings either. They are probably set for various effects, EQ and guitars parts.

No. I've benn watching some lives and he has neck pu. When he was usong the grestch he was using bridge pu. It's possible that this strat was modified? Where the neck pu had a bridge pu for some reason. I've read in forums that people does these things...

Back
Top Bottom