Strat in Dallas Video !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a 1970's headstock.

Finish looks to be Inca Silver, at first glance. But lighting and such can be tricky.

I will have to look at it a bit more. Seems there may be a return to Strats on this album? There was the sort of cream-ish one in a studio photo a while back.

...I think he used Strat on Moment of Surrender in the later leg of 360 tour. The black w/ white pick guard one.

He did but that was in the 2010 and 2011 shows. 2009 shows he used the Gretsch Stereo Country Club.

What was used on the album for "Moment..."? Perhaps both. Perhaps neither.

That said, it seems that Strats have been used for older numbers but have not seemed to be used as much (or at all) for newer tunes over the past few albums.

It will be interesting to see what happens for the new album. We see the Strat in the Dallas video. And there is another one that was white(finish difficult to tell for certain in the photo) in one of the studio photos from a year ago. The Strat in the pic appears to be from 1975-1981 - judging by the black pickguard and pickups.

Kinda funny how during the bbc interview in 2009 edge said about rehearsing all night "I spent all night with a hot stratocaster" something like that lol when during no line songs a strat is hard to Findlay

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom